Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Can I wait till river to c/r? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396511)

Sightless 12-12-2005 12:39 AM

Can I wait till river to c/r?

just trying to see if this is a retarted play or not

The Villain seems to be loose and passive. This is probably the first time I've seen him raise preflop but I only played like 3-4 orbits with him. Preflop he plays about half the hands that he gets dealt and is not agressive post flop unless he has something.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 12:40 AM

Re: Can I wait till river to c/r?

I check raise the flop since this is a pretty scary board, and he may not fire again on the turn. A free card would be pretty bad. Given that you didn't, you must check raise the turn.

imported_leader 12-12-2005 12:55 AM

That's not good. c/r the flop this isn't the board to be pulling this. He could easily check this though on the turn or the river.

Sightless 12-12-2005 12:58 AM

ok, got it. It seemed to me that he wouldn't fold if he had a spade, and i was pretty sure he held an ace, but i can see my line of thinking was not correct, thank you.

Blunderfull1 12-12-2005 01:41 AM

I was thinking about waiting til the turn to raise the turn, but a flop c/r looks better now that I really think about it.

Lets say we wait til the turn to raise, the turn is a spade. Should we check/call? We want to see a river cheaply for our full house draw.

ghostface 12-12-2005 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about waiting til the turn to raise the turn, but a flop c/r looks better now that I really think about it.

Lets say we wait til the turn to raise, the turn is a spade. Should we check/call? We want to see a river cheaply for our full house draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 4:1 on our money?

12-12-2005 01:49 AM

actually, I was thinking ABC against a loose passive, but the flush draw is scary, so a c/r on the flop is goot.

Walrus 12-12-2005 02:07 AM

Could you explain the reason to c/r the flop please?

Typically, in these situations, I check/call the flop, then donk the turn. Then if I'm raised, I call down UI, although I will sometimes donk again on the river. I'm sure this is weak/tight, and I want to understand why.

yellowjack 12-12-2005 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you explain the reason to c/r the flop please?

Typically, in these situations, I check/call the flop, then donk the turn. Then if I'm raised, I call down UI, although I will sometimes donk again on the river. I'm sure this is weak/tight, and I want to understand why.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn donk is good. The thing is, we're doing this regardless of the turn card. So we're better off check/raising the flop and betting the turn.

Walrus 12-12-2005 03:31 AM

So we're better off check/raising the flop and betting the turn.

Ah, thank you... And if the turn is a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], you would fold to a raise?