Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   do all the assclowns play 20+2 ? (no poker content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=234418)

Skipbidder 04-17-2005 09:47 PM

do all the assclowns play 20+2 ? (no poker content)

I started playing the no-limit SNGs fairly recently. There seem to be an awful lot of comments from opponents at 20+2 regarding my all-in bubble pushes. I am apparently: A) the worst poker player ever; B) the luckiest SOB ever; and C) a complete f_ing rookie. My opponents would also like me to be aware that the all-in play works every time but once. They also frequently counsel others at the table to call my BS.

I don't believe that this is putting me on tilt at all, but it does make the game less enjoyable. I don't remember this from the 10+1s, and I don't remember it in the limit SNGs either (anywhere from 10+1 to 100+9). I understand that the comparison to limit isn't so valid, since the all-in push isn't available.

Do I get to look forward to this continuing as I move up, or is this a feature of the 20s, or is this simply a small sample size of assclown clumping?

Apathy 04-17-2005 09:48 PM

Re: do all the assclowns play 20+2 ? (no poker content)

[ QUOTE ]
They also frequently counsel others at the table to call my BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on how they say it this is borderline collusion and should be reported.

lorinda 04-17-2005 09:54 PM

A) the worst poker player ever; B) the luckiest SOB ever; and C) a complete f_ing rookie

Congratulations, you scored 100% on the "Am I a winning player" test.

Lori

microbet 04-17-2005 09:57 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure I played very well yesterday. I wasn't called an idiot or a moron once. The best I got were a few "lol's" and few people saying "call".

Benholio 04-17-2005 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My opponents would also like me to be aware that the all-in play works every time but once.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sometimes argue this point, explaining that I've had it fail 2, 3, even 4 times in the same tourney before.

You should be worried if you AREN'T getting comments like this.

eastbay 04-17-2005 10:02 PM

Just turn off chat and collect their f-ing money.

BTW, you will get this through at least $109 (I don't play $215, maybe it happens there too). There is a little less "all in works every time but once" though.

eastbay

icetonez 04-17-2005 10:04 PM

I just happened to come across a classy simp on the 20's. HU 250/500 blinds and he called me gutsy for pushing with 94o. I think he was just being nice though...:( I then told him I'm only cool and brave when $40 is on the line and that I'm a total wimp in real life.

Shilly 04-17-2005 10:08 PM

I find it quite enjoyable and humorous. I also enjoy their lack of knowledge about pot odds.

Blarg 04-17-2005 10:35 PM

You encourage it if you respond.

Then again, that can be fun sometimes, if you can get a running argument going while using the stupidest, lamest reasoning possible for whatever you're doing and insist you're right. I don't generally do this, but it can be pretty hilarious if you give in every once in a while and drive the bums crazy that way. Not to mention, you can almost create a riot if you flash your cards at the right time in these scenarios. Sometimes it's a little fun to be a bad boy.

yanicehand 04-17-2005 10:38 PM

people talking like that give you a nice "tell" that they are absolutely terrible. also, using the "silent chat" button can be golden. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]