Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Maybe slightly OT - $ share in MTT winnings (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407658)

12-30-2005 06:24 PM

Re: Maybe slightly OT - $ share in MTT winnings

hmm.. first off your friend put you in a precarious position by asking how much you think you should get.. I mean how are you supposed to really answer that..

50/50 comes to mind first, the nature of MTT's, considering how hard it is just to make a FT (even with an above avg chip stack), that would seem alright.. but i'd say 1K works too.

12-30-2005 06:37 PM

I'm with Marwan- your friend ought to make you a generous offer, not ask you how much you think you deserve.

yid3655 12-30-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm.. first off your friend put you in a precarious position by asking how much you think you should get.. I mean how are you supposed to really answer that..

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought, and felt very uncomfortable

Exitonly 12-30-2005 07:13 PM

just tell him "Eh, whatever you feel like. "

put the pressure back on him. And be happy getting anything.

ansky451 12-30-2005 07:16 PM

You guys saying he doesn't deserve anything are being retarded.

Ever heard of a stake? He gave him the tournament to play with a lot of play left in it.

I'd say you are ENTITLED to up to 50%

Editied for a better number.

yid3655 12-30-2005 07:17 PM

Ok the end to this "episode" was basically..

I replied a $ figure from a common consensus of people I asked, as I felt I couldnt give him a personal opinion.

He immediately changed his attitude and started to almost suggest I was in the wrong and looking for more money that my play deserved. He gave me $250 which he decided was fair, which is fair enough at the end of the day as its his money.

He has recently contacted me saying he is now giving up poker, and wont be speaking to me again.

I feel like I have been used, and money certainly shows peoples true colours. May this be a lesson to everyone.

ansky451 12-30-2005 07:18 PM

Wow that blows.

Please show him this thread.

ansky451 12-30-2005 07:20 PM

I assume he wasn't that good of a friend, otherwise what a [censored].

yid3655 12-30-2005 07:25 PM

Ansky

I will make sure he see's this thread, all I did was do the guy a favour. I have a feeling if I had won a smaller amount then there would have been no need for any of this

ScottySo 12-30-2005 07:35 PM

i think about 40% is right for you to get.