Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Flopped trips...but what? River raise. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386362)

Coolidge 11-27-2005 08:33 PM

Flopped trips...but what? River raise.

I know this hand is boring for some of you, so sorry if it is... I have trouble with these...

Villian here is 15.1/6.6/0.8 after 144 hands.

Hero is SB with QTs

Villian calls, CO calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

FLIZOP (4SB) - 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets, Villian calls.

TURN (3BB) - J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets, Villian calls

RIVER (5BB) - 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero Bets, Villian raises...

I'm not folding, but should I? I KNOW I'm beat. WTF is Villian (w/.8ag) raising with that I beat? Nothing.

11-27-2005 08:40 PM

Re: Flopped trips...but what? River raise.

I recommend a call. Yes it is a smal pot and yes he is passive postflop but I think that we could still be best here and it is worth the call.

slipoker 11-27-2005 08:43 PM

Do not fold to the river bet. I doubt you are beat, although from the tone of this post it certainly sounds like you lost. I've seen enough players who are trying to slowplay their flopped trips by check calling to the river and then raising. Also, if you are beat make a note of what the villain's cards were so you can make a correct fold, or raise if this situation comes up again.

A_K 11-27-2005 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recommend a call. Yes it is a smal pot and yes he is passive postflop but I think that we could still be best here and it is worth the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coolidge 11-27-2005 08:53 PM

I know I have to call, but is such a passive player raising without a Q? Is he limping UTG with a weaker Q?

11-27-2005 09:02 PM

He has a queen with worse kicker often enough where you have to call.

eviljeff 11-27-2005 09:08 PM

he could have Qx, but how many Qx does a 15.1 vpip play that you beat here? Q9s, that's about it, or a chop. still, getting 8:1 I call

eviljeff 11-27-2005 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt you are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think Hero is good >50% of the time here? no way. have you seen villain's stats?

slipoker 11-27-2005 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I have to call, but is such a passive player raising without a Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. But then again, in terms of kicker assuming they don't have a boat you're behind AQ and KQ, and both these hands I'd assume they'd raise pre flop. In this hand I'd still make the call (without reads), even though the pot is relatively small. Make a note of what the villain had and use it against them when another hand comes into play like this.

McGahee 11-27-2005 11:37 PM

Well, I fold more rivers than most people here but not this one. He could easily play a weak Q like this.