Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Beginning MTH v2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333783)

OrcaDK 09-10-2005 11:11 AM

Beginning MTH v2

I'm finally starting to have some more spare time on my hands, giving me time to work on MTH v2.

I'll be using this post to gather some ideas for v2, i'd like to hear requests for new features, and feedback on the existing features. What is superfluous? What is needed?

/Orca

garion888 09-10-2005 02:55 PM

Re: Beginning MTH v2

Pokerstars support would be cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks
-J

MaxPowerPoker 09-10-2005 03:11 PM

1. Support Party tables with names instead of numbers.
2. PokerStars support (would be nice if you could play both Party and Stars tables at the same time)

Plus, I have started using PokerManager (www.pokermgr.com) and as soon as I open PokerManager, MTH crashes.

wdbaker 09-10-2005 04:01 PM

Quite honestly, I use it for it's ability to bring the table with focus to the front and that's it and it does it with great success.

This is the type of application that could get over complicated though and end up going in a million directions...

My only thought is to add things that are specific to what the core was built for which I stated above.

I currently use autohotkey to assign any keys or mouse buttons etc to perform the neccesary table action required.

I know that you have something like it set up. I would like for that to be something we can assign the keys(hot keys) to on our own, maybe simple code for us to write key macro's or just allow us to pick the assignment.

I think this would remain within the scope of the core application and not over complicate the product for you or us. I say for you, but programming a way to assign keys may be over the top in the programming dept, not sure.

A for instance is right now I play NL and I broke my mouse so I have assigned when playing, the arrow keys on keyboard to hit the needed buttons. So when your app brings a window into focus

Left arrow is fold
Down arrow is check or call
Right arrow is bet

Left and Down arrow is check or fold if bet
Up and Right arrow is raise(hold up arrow and hit Right arrow until the amount you want to bet is in the box and then let go of both and hit Right arrow again to confirm the bet)

This set up for me keeps most movements for both limit and NL in a very small geographic area on the keyboard.

But if I every want to change, it's as easy as opening autohotkey and reprogramming it.

What I'm saying I guess is that this would be a wonderful addition for most people who don't want to learn how to use another program like autohotkey... consolidation is the word I'm looking for, consolidate things that relate to your core.

Not asking you to open source, maybe just set up a way to do this in the .ini file or have a seperate app(module) to do the macro's etc...

I will say that using something other than a cursor to hit the buttons does cause the verification screen to pop once in a while, they want to make sure there is some one on board that vessel... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Did I say great job yet, you truly filled a niche that I'm sure is large for multitablers lacking multiple 1600X1200 screens etc... If you don't get it to the masses soon I'm sure someone will steal the basic concepts as I'm sure they could all be done in autohotkey alone, although as good as .net I don't know.

Good Job
Good Job
Great Job ! ! !

Ok I'm done rambling LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

grinin 09-11-2005 02:14 AM

an option to not move any tables in any way, and simply mark the active table using some sort of colored thingy instead

imported_bingobazza 09-11-2005 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
an option to not move any tables in any way, and simply mark the active table using some sort of colored thingy instead

[/ QUOTE ]

terry85201 09-11-2005 11:37 AM

some info from you on how we might make a donation for such a great aid!

OrcaDK 09-11-2005 04:16 PM

Thanks for all your replies. Thanks for your detailed reply wdbaker, MTH does support control by keyboard currently. And you should be able to set up your own controls by editing the .config file [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

@Terry

Regarding donations. I really appreciate your willingness to donate, but i honestly won't encourage you to donate before i have something ready. The reason being that i can't give any kind of timeline as to when i'll have v2 ready for public testing. And i can imagine nothing worse than having received donations and then not being able to release anything due to unforeseeable circumstances.

MaxPowerPoker 09-13-2005 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Support Party tables with names instead of numbers.
2. PokerStars support (would be nice if you could play both Party and Stars tables at the same time)

Plus, I have started using PokerManager (www.pokermgr.com) and as soon as I open PokerManager, MTH crashes.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Absolute support

FatTony21 09-13-2005 03:47 PM

Have the autoposition tables feature support multiple monitors. Maybe you could set the maximum number of tables per monitor to 4, then automatically start positioning them in the next monitor.