Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   NYC Poker Rooms (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349238)

gm4351 10-03-2005 01:28 AM

NYC Poker Rooms

Trying to find a good limit cash game in the city. If anyone knows any, please reply. PM me if you're uncomfortable with posting addresses.

vmacosta 10-03-2005 07:10 AM

Re: NYC Poker Rooms

Me too. Anything around 15/30-30/60 holdem? Do I need to be "invited" or something? PM preferred.

tonypaladino 10-03-2005 11:57 AM

Check craigslist. Discussion of nyc poker rooms is unofficially forbidden here.

sirpupnyc 10-03-2005 12:04 PM

Maybe we need a sticky saying so?

BottlesOf 10-03-2005 12:27 PM

That is not exactly the case. It depends a lot on the nature of the post. Generally, promoting of a club by a proprietor or disclosing details about a clubs wherabouts are not allowed.

RollaJ 10-03-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is not exactly the case. It depends a lot on the nature of the post. Generally, promoting of a club by a proprietor or disclosing details about a clubs wherabouts are not allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL......Ironic aint it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Attention Ed Miller Fans!!!!

The Satellite Club in NYC will be hosting a book signing event featuring Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller the afternoon of Saturday October 15th. This event is open to the public, come early because we are expecting a gigantic turnout for this event. Come to get the chance to meet Ed, copies of his books Getting Started in Hold'Em and Small Stakes Hold'em - Winning Big with Expert Play will be available for purchase for your convenience.

DATE: Saturday October 15th
TIME: 4PM - 6:30PM
ADDRESS: 38 West 38th Street, 5th floor, between 5th & 6th Avenues - NYC
PARKING: Available on 38th Street
MASS TRANSPORTATION: 34th street Herold Square Subway station
COST: ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

GreywolfNYC 10-03-2005 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL......Ironic aint it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Attention Ed Miller Fans!!!!

The Satellite Club in NYC will be hosting a book signing event featuring Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller the afternoon of Saturday October 15th. This event is open to the public, come early because we are expecting a gigantic turnout for this event. Come to get the chance to meet Ed, copies of his books Getting Started in Hold'Em and Small Stakes Hold'em - Winning Big with Expert Play will be available for purchase for your convenience.

DATE: Saturday October 15th
TIME: 4PM - 6:30PM
ADDRESS: 38 West 38th Street, 5th floor, between 5th & 6th Avenues - NYC
PARKING: Available on 38th Street
MASS TRANSPORTATION: 34th street Herold Square Subway station
COST: ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and even more ironic that that thread was locked and the replies to it were deleted when a discussion got started on this very topic. I guess friends can be called on to censor what other friends don't like reading here on 2+2.

BottlesOf 10-03-2005 10:00 PM

Gimme a break. I just cleaned deleted the replies to clean it up.

As for the supposed irony you guys are all off, because 1. I'm not afilliated with Satt. But more importantly, it is not a poker club for this event. The poker club is closed and it's just a space. There will be no poker playing going on. Additionally, a 2+2 author is having a book signing. Belive it or not twoplustwo.com IS related to the publishing company and this site is intended to promote 2+2 books.

GreywolfNYC 10-03-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gimme a break. I just cleaned deleted the replies to clean it up.

As for the supposed irony you guys are all off, because 1. I'm not afilliated with Satt. But more importantly, it is not a poker club for this event. The poker club is closed and it's just a space. There will be no poker playing going on. Additionally, a 2+2 author is having a book signing. Belive it or not twoplustwo.com IS related to the publishing company and this site is intended to promote 2+2 books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did that thread need to be "cleaned up?" It seemed like a perfectly rational discussion of a topic that was of some interest here.

BottlesOf 10-03-2005 10:14 PM

Because it was stickied. Stickies are not supposed to be multiple posts, as a general forum rule. Also, the thread had been locked after only part of a discussion had occured, so it's not like I deleted something of greeat value to the forum.