Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Live 1-2 NL, misplayed my hand. help? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403098)

12-21-2005 09:59 PM

Live 1-2 NL, misplayed my hand. help?

So I had been playing for about 2 hours at his point. I was up to 200 with the average stack at the table being 400. It's a pretty loose game and everyone knows me as a tight/aggressive player. I had never played with these two guys involved in this hand before.

In 2nd pos. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I make the table's standard raise of 13. 3rd and 4th pos call me, everyone else folds.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
It gets checked around

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet 10, fold, call

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, he checks

Showdown: He had 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Ok so I know my river play was garbage, should I bet the flop here? I know this depends a lot on my reads but give me some advice.Thanks

jrforman 12-21-2005 10:11 PM

Re: Live 1-2 NL, misplayed my hand. help?

Pot flop, bet turn, bet river

Percula 12-21-2005 10:32 PM

Bet the flop. The real question is how much to bet...

If the table is playing loose I like an overbet here. If the table is playing passive 3/4 to full PSB (pot sized bet). If the table is playing tight 1/2 to PSB.

When you flop the nut flush you are looking for a way to get it all in not a way to trap the other players.

BTW, slowplaying is a sure way to minimize your big hands. There is a good saying around 2+2, "fastplaying is the new slowplay". Bet your hands, especially live. Just imagine if you had lead for a overbet and the guy had pushed AI?

12-21-2005 10:51 PM

Why are you not betting the river?

12-21-2005 11:20 PM

This is why I bet the flop--that turn spade killed your hand. Then you didn't bet the river and managed to screw that up. You could have potentially (10 9 guy could have easily flat called the flop though) stacked him. The stack is worth way more in EV (per odds of them getting into a big pot when you've got them) than trapping people into bluffing it I believe.

deadmoney98 12-22-2005 03:17 AM

I call bullsh*t. You did not play this hand. No one plays this bad.

12-22-2005 05:20 AM

sad to say it's true

Reef 12-22-2005 05:33 AM

wow.. just wow.

BET THE FLOP!!!

Big_Jim 12-22-2005 04:34 PM

Yuck.

Wrong forum.