Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rusty (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404216)

12-23-2005 06:59 PM

Re: Rusty

Sorry G.

I've seen your posts in archives etc and figured you'd know why i suggested it. I hate people just writing there line without an explaination.

Hand one - although i dont think your good here very often i have seen plently of people do this sort of thing with top pair hands or maybe Q9. I understand you have someone behind you but dont think he will have a better hand given the action. If you had a better read i would be more inclined to play as you did.

Hand 2 - Again with a better read i can fold, again its no read and i call down. Lots of players are doing this with PP imo with a spade imo for a free showdown.

i'd be happy to admit the way i play either is wrong, maybe i've just been running into alot of this sort of thing recently.

mxer7734 12-23-2005 07:07 PM

Heres a little more detailed response, although my reasoning could be off, I dont know.

Hand 1: I call because a.) the pot is very large and b.) Theres a chance the BB has a hand like Q9 or Q8 and we have him beat (although he would be a donkey to be calling 2 bets preflop with those hands)

Hand 2: You would be surprised how often villian has a weaker ace here, at least where I play (1/2) I call this down every time against an unkown, against a Tight passive I fold to his raise.

Guido 12-23-2005 07:09 PM

Guys, forget about hand 1. I just now see the two 4's. Stupid fold...

Thanks,

Guido

oxymoron 12-23-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played a lot in the last couple of months and that's why I started some 5/10 a couple of weeks ago. What do you guys think about these 2 folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm jealous you have the roll to relearn your play at 5/10 though.

UncleSalty 12-23-2005 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding hand 1 is probably +EV, but I don't think I can do it.

Hand 2 is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ Hand 2. On Hand 1 I think he has AQ or KK often enough to make a river call good.

scotty34 12-23-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding hand 1 is probably +EV, but I don't think I can do it.

Hand 2 is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ Hand 2. On Hand 1 I think he has AQ or KK often enough to make a river call good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have NEVER seen KK or AQ play a hand like this. If we are calling, its because we think there is a 1 in 20 chance that BB is retarded and has Q8 or 98 which hit two-pair on the river, and doesn't realize that he would still lose to an overpair, a boat, a flush, a straight, or any Q in the case of 98. Most people here seem to advocate a call here, but honestly, I really don't think we are good even 1 in 20.

ArturiusX 12-23-2005 10:15 PM

I like both folds, the villian can really only have 1 or maybe 2 hands in hand 1, and in hand 2 unless he's a maniac he can really only have the flush or a set.

Guido 12-24-2005 02:49 AM

I think relearning is a big word, I could play 30/60 again but it just feels nice to play some shorthanded at 5/10 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I will probably play at 30/60 soon if I can get some hands in.

Thanks for the help so far,

Guido

ArturiusX 12-24-2005 02:55 AM

I think 5/10 has become a bit more aggressive since you played it last, I could be wrong though. Let us know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Guido 12-24-2005 05:40 AM

I would say more aggressive and more lucky [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I can't beat them anymore anyway. I'm doing something seriously wrong or just a lot of bad luck.

Thanks,

Guido