Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A hand I really liked... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323227)

sfer 08-26-2005 07:10 AM

A hand I really liked...

scrub to my left, jason_t to my right, bukkake two to my right. some number of limpers, bukkake checks his button option, jason_t does something and I check Jh 7h in the BB.

Flop is Th 6h 3c. Check, I bet, a caller or two, bukkake calls on the button, jason_t folds.

Turn is the Jd. I bet, callers fold, bukkake calls.

River is the 5s. I check and feel sexy. Yase?

rmarotti 08-26-2005 07:46 AM

Re: A hand I really liked...

I feel sexy just reading it.

jskills 08-26-2005 09:33 AM

Wow. I'm a little lost here. Could you shed some light on some things for me please?

Why bet the flop?

Ok, the turn is a perfect card, so why do we need to check the river with top pair to feel sexy? Is it because we won't get called by a worse J?

Evan 08-26-2005 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do we need to check the river with top pair to feel sexy? Is it because we won't get called by a worse J?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's check raising.

sean c 08-26-2005 09:59 AM

Does he check behind any hands he calls a bet with here? If so what is he betting with, what is he checking through and does he ever pay off the check/raise?

jskills 08-26-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do we need to check the river with top pair to feel sexy? Is it because we won't get called by a worse J?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's check raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, word. Ok I get it. And knowing the other player, we're reasonably sure he'll bet, yes?

But what about the flop? Is it because no one likely has a piece of it that we can just bet out with nothing like this?

thejameser 08-26-2005 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's check raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, word. Ok I get it. And knowing the other player, we're reasonably sure he'll bet, yes?

But what about the flop? Is it because no one likely has a piece of it that we can just bet out with nothing like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

flush draw

Peter_rus 08-26-2005 10:14 AM

I like all the hand except river which i bet 95% of time. I like especially betting flop and _not_ c/ring or c/calling it with all these guys in a pot.

pokerjunky 08-26-2005 10:19 AM

I don't see him paying off the checkraise with anything you beat, or even worse he 3-bets you. Seems like if your going to check to induce a bluff you should just call.

sthief09 08-26-2005 11:26 AM

seems like he's calling with something weak in the event that you are being you. don't know how often he'll have a hand worth betting, though I think he'll probalby have to pay off if he does have to bet