Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A hand from the archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330912)

jason_t 09-06-2005 03:33 PM

A hand from the archives

A discussion that took place in a hand posted earlier today reminded me of this hand from the archives. I think discussing it again may be useful.

Loose EP open limps, solid TAG raises in the hijack, TAG calls in CO, Hero calls on Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], weak/loose calls in SB and TAG calls in BB.

Flop: (12 sb) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
Blinds checks, EP bets, hijack raises, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, EP calls.

Turn: (10 bb) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
Checked to hijack who bets, Hero raises, SB folds, EP folds, hijack 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (16 bb) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hijack checks, Hero bets, hijack calls.

Ignore preflop. Don't tell Hero to find a new game.

sthief09 09-06-2005 03:37 PM

Re: A hand from the archives

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TheHip41 09-06-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A discussion that took place in a hand posted earlier today reminded me of this hand from the archives. I think discussing it again may be useful.

Loose EP open limps, solid TAG raises in the hijack, TAG calls in CO, Hero calls on Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], weak/loose calls in SB and TAG calls in BB.

Flop: (12 sb) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
Blinds checks, EP bets, hijack raises, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, EP calls.

Turn: (10 bb) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
Checked to hijack who bets, Hero raises, SB folds, EP folds, hijack 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (16 bb) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hijack checks, Hero bets, hijack calls.

Ignore preflop. Don't tell Hero to find a new game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This had got to be the worst hand I've ever seen.

You CC PF with trash.

You CC on the flop with bottom pair no kicker with two trashy backdoor draws.

You raise the turn with your trash backdoor draws.

You river a trash two pair.

Good job.

And when I say 'you', i don't mean JT, just the Hero.

baronzeus 09-06-2005 03:43 PM

the only things i like about this hand are the turn raise and the river bet.

shant 09-06-2005 03:44 PM

Preflop was asked to be ignored. Run some math on th flop call. It's nowhere near as bad as you make it sound.

jason_t 09-06-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only things i like about this hand are the turn raise and the river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to (learn to) elaborate. There is a lot going on in this hand.

09-06-2005 03:45 PM

Why do you like the turn raise? You are not folding out a higher flush or str8 draw in this big pot. You're going to be folding out a lot of hands that you want paying you off when you hit.

B Dids 09-06-2005 03:45 PM

The stuff earlier is more debatable, obviously the preflop call is a long run bad move and the flop call is goofy. The turn is sexy but in a "might get you in the clinic" kinda way. All that said, the river is an obvious value bet and the most obvious part of the hand.

B Dids 09-06-2005 03:46 PM

"obvious"

09-06-2005 03:46 PM

I think the flop call is only close if you are closing the action.