Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Gambling Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Football Futures (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=108620)

eggzz 08-01-2004 05:57 PM

Football Futures

Please post your prophecies on regular season wins over/unders here. I'm looking for about four solid choices to make and the only thing I like so far is the Detroit Lions over 6.5 wins. I figure they can't do worse, they have two solid WR's with two good RB's with a good young QB. I'm thinking the offense might gel this season, and look for that to help out the defense. I think the Bengals will have a good year, but not sold on how Palmer will do taking over the reigns with no snaps last year, and taking over for a better than adequate Jon Kitna. Just worried about the psychological makeup of that move.

I bet the Saints big two years ago, and last year I felt the Seahawks were going to be much improved. Both won 9 or so games with the lines at 7. Who is going to do that this year?

bugstud 08-02-2004 04:55 AM

Re: Football Futures

If someone has a link for the O/U I'd like to see 'em. I hate the Cinci play as of now though...

eggzz 08-02-2004 09:35 PM

Here you go. Everyone is on the Lions over. Line is up to -170 already. They should just bump it to 7 and lower the juice.

http://bodog.com/sports-betting/football-team-props.jsp

natedogg 08-05-2004 03:31 AM

I like:

Dallas under 9.5

St. Louis under 9.5

Chargers over 4.5

natedogg

Big Al 08-06-2004 01:13 PM

I like the Cardinals over 5 1/2...Big Al.

jwvdcw 08-06-2004 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please post your prophecies on regular season wins over/unders here. I'm looking for about four solid choices to make and the only thing I like so far is the Detroit Lions over 6.5 wins. I figure they can't do worse, they have two solid WR's with two good RB's with a good young QB. I'm thinking the offense might gel this season, and look for that to help out the defense. I think the Bengals will have a good year, but not sold on how Palmer will do taking over the reigns with no snaps last year, and taking over for a better than adequate Jon Kitna. Just worried about the psychological makeup of that move.

I bet the Saints big two years ago, and last year I felt the Seahawks were going to be much improved. Both won 9 or so games with the lines at 7. Who is going to do that this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to play devil's advocate:

Their QB has been nothing but horrible so far in his career. Look at his stats-some of the worst in the history of the game.

Two solid WRs? I see one rookie and one 2nd year guy who missed time as a rookie. Not a lot of experience there. Other than R Moss, Boldin, and Glenn, not a lot of WRs do well as rookies.

Their RBs are also inexperienced and unproven.

Their o-line and defense leave a lot to be desired.

Overall, some potential for sure, but no sure thing to perform this year.

jwvdcw 08-06-2004 11:19 PM

I'm gonna study a lot more before the season, but as of now, I like:

Bills under 8
Bears over 6 1/2
Browns under 7 1/2
Colts under 10
Patriots under 10 1/2
Bucs under 9

kdog 08-07-2004 02:23 AM

First impressions:

Atlanta under 9

Arizona over 5 1/2

Carolina over 8 1/2

Houston under 6 1/2

San Diego over 4 1/2

Washington under 9

I really like the Carolina over. This team gelled nicely on their Super Bowl run last year, kept most of the team together and plays in a medicore at best division.

jwvdcw 08-07-2004 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really like the Carolina over. This team gelled nicely on their Super Bowl run last year, kept most of the team together and plays in a medicore at best division.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there division is tough. Atlanta is my super bowl pick(remember how good they were 2 years ago when Vick was healthy??). NO and TB, while maybe not super bowl contenders, are not going to be terrible.

Everything went perfectly for Carolina last year. From blocked extra points to 4th down conversions with 10 seconds left in the game, it all went perfectly. Things might not go so well this year.

Homer 08-07-2004 05:03 PM

I like a lot of these, which probably means I know nothing, but...

Cardinals 5.5o -140

Panthers 8.5o -120

Texans 6.5o -110

Jaguars 7.5u +110

Dolphins 8.0u -130

Patriots 10.5o -125

Raiders 8o +130

Chargers 4.5o -130

Rams 9.5o +115

Bucs 9u Even

-- Homer