Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   PP BBJ Qualification? - Expanding on Tapin (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357909)

tom 10-14-2005 09:20 PM

PP BBJ Qualification? - Expanding on Tapin

Didn't want to start a new thread, but thought it would be easier to find.

Do I win the BB Jackpot if?

I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Other player has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Board is: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Since both hole cards have to be used, does the kicker in my hand play, or does the kicker on the board play?

The rules as posted on party's site are not clear, and well, email support, is party level email support.

Anyone know for sure?

Bradyams 10-14-2005 09:24 PM

Re: PP BBJ Qualification? - Expanding on Tapin

I would say yes since usually when you win a hand and your kicker matches the board they highlight your kicker as a used card instead of the community card. However, knowing Party they'd probably say no.

UATrewqaz 10-14-2005 09:28 PM

I know that whenever there is a kicker "tie" PP defaults to using your hole card to "make" the hand (at least visually).

ninjaunderwear 10-14-2005 10:01 PM

Probably don't have to be overly concerned about this happening.

Schwartzy61 10-14-2005 10:03 PM

Well, since it's advantageous for Party to make you use the community card I would say they would make you use the community card.

Tapin 10-14-2005 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, since it's advantageous for Party to make you use the community card I would say they would make you use the community card.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure it's (necessarily directly) "advantageous" for Party, given that either they take 10% now or they take 10% a little later. Seems value-neutral to me. They're taking $0.05 per hand no matter what.

Of course, if you wanted to argue that the advertising value of a large jackpot was non-trivial, I could understand that I guess.

As for the initial question -- once this topic showed up, I dug into my email to find the Party response. I keep most of my emails with poker sites, just in case something (in my imagination, more serious than this) comes up. And I can't find the one answering this question -- I found one answering a different bad beat jackpot question, but not this one.

Which leads me to believe either I imagined the whole thing, or I asked a different site (um, Cryptos? Beats me).

So I don't have any reason to advocate that Party would go with the "screw the player who just thought he hit a jackpot" ruling. Other than my (remaining) gut feeling [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Bradyams 10-14-2005 11:32 PM

I can think of two reasons Party benefits from a big jackpot that keeps growing:

1) Advertising value. "Home of the million dollar bad beat jackpot!" Something along those lines would definitely catch some people's attention if it ever happened.

2) Once the jackpot gets big I think it's safe to say the normal one and two tablers come out of their holes, and start playing 4 or sometimes more tables if they are capable of it. This means more tables, more hands, and more rake. Also when more badbeat tables are going, the jackpot grows faster, and Party's 10% cut will be much more.

J_B 10-15-2005 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Other player has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Board is: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Since both hole cards have to be used, does the kicker in my hand play, or does the kicker on the board play?

The rules as posted on party's site are not clear, and well, email support, is party level email support.

Anyone know for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this qualifies. An in hand kicker plays before a board kicker.

jman220 10-15-2005 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone know for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this qualifies. An in hand kicker plays before a board kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've confirmed this with Party?

radek2166 10-15-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't want to start a new thread, but I did anyway. Since mom and dad did not give me enough attention as a child and, I want to get it now .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP