Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   a very short one year anniversary post (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=272663)

Rhone 06-14-2005 12:23 PM

a very short one year anniversary post

Well, it's been one year since I've started playing online poker, or any poker for that matter. I started at the $.02/.04 game at Paradise, have worked my way up to 5/10, which I'm struggling to get a hang of now. I'm proud of the fact that I grinded my way to where I am now over these last 100k hands, playing part time while I finished my degree, and that I've never had to make a second deposit. I'm also very happy with the money I've made, not much by the standards around here, but enough to pay off several grand in credit card bills, to buy a few nice things for my wife and me, and to build a decent bankroll for 5/10.

But anyway, I know my accomplishments pale in comparison with those of many other 2+2ers, so I'm going skip the details of the last year and just end this with a little story.

One of the earliest posts I read on 2+2 was a story from the B&M forum about how the poster pointed out to the dealer that there must have been 5 kings in the deck, because 4 were presented at showdown and he recalled folding one preflop.

All I remember thinking when I read that post back then was, "Why would you ever fold a King preflop?" I go back to that story in my mind whenever I think about how much I've learned in the last year.

Thanks, 2+2!

Rhone.

sinfulslick18 06-14-2005 12:26 PM

Re: a very short one year anniversary post

congrats on your first year.. a profit is a profit.

-sinful

MrTrik 06-14-2005 12:46 PM

Sounds like you've done well. Congratulations and good luck!

ds914 06-14-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the earliest posts I read on 2+2 was a story from the B&M forum about how the poster pointed out to the dealer that there must have been 5 kings in the deck, because 4 were presented at showdown and he recalled folding one preflop.

All I remember thinking when I read that post back then was, "Why would you ever fold a King preflop?" I go back to that story in my mind whenever I think about how much I've learned in the last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] GREAT story!

Congrats on your progress. Hopefully, Year 2 will be just as sweet.

langley11 06-14-2005 03:25 PM

keep up the good work! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

steve968574 06-14-2005 03:37 PM

So, why did he fold the king? I don't get it....

steve968574 06-14-2005 03:38 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anadrol 50 06-14-2005 04:46 PM

Good Job!!!

SoftcoreRevolt 06-14-2005 05:01 PM

Wait wait...

why did that fish fold a king preflop?

ThaHero 06-14-2005 07:59 PM

Congrats. Any year of profit is a good year.