Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $55: KQo OOP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378328)

downtown 11-14-2005 04:30 PM

$55: KQo OOP

Villain is terrible. The bad, unpredictable, any 2 cards type of terrible. He got his stack from being super lucky, and I noted it.

Lots of $55 players are terrible (not a big revelation, I know), so I've been working on value-lines with hands such as the one below.

Let's work on this one:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t2770)
downtown (t985)
BB (t815)
UTG (t1920)
UTG+1 (t1105)
MP1 (t1215)
MP2 (t180)
MP3 (t975)
CO (t35)

Preflop: downtown is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t30</font>, downtown calls t20, BB calls t15.

Flop: (t90) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
downtown checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">downtown raises to t180</font>, BB folds, Button calls t120.

Turn: (t450) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">downtown bets t225</font>, Button calls t225.

River: (t900) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
downtown checks, planning on calling.

kyro 11-14-2005 04:33 PM

Re: $55: KQo OOP

If he's as bad as you say, why didn't you put more pressure on him on the turn?

pineapple888 11-14-2005 04:43 PM

Even terrible players can pick up a hand, and he raised pre-flop. Why are you throwing chips at this marginal hand?

I'd play it much slower... but if you had a read, I can't really fault you for going with it. I'd just rather find a better spot.

Scuba Chuck 11-14-2005 04:45 PM

Hmmmm. On the river, I assume you think you're ahead here, if so, you have two considerations.

If you value bet, do you think you'll get a call?
If you check, do you think he will hang himself?

If you don't think he'd call a river value bet, then I think a check is correct.

kyro 11-14-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even terrible players can pick up a hand, and he raised pre-flop. Why are you throwing chips at this marginal hand?

I'd play it much slower... but if you had a read, I can't really fault you for going with it. I'd just rather find a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, he minraised after it was folded to him on the button. He could have anything here.

ClockWyze 11-14-2005 04:49 PM

I value bet the river. I think you are ahead.

See you at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

pineapple888 11-14-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, he minraised after it was folded to him on the button. He could have anything here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like AK or KJ or J2 or 22 or K2 or JJ or AA or any two spades, for example?

Oh, and a bunch of combinations with the 6 as well. Forgot about those.

I still think it's marginal, but whatever.

kyro 11-14-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Yes. Like any of those hands. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You fold. Next hand you pick up KK. Once again, villain min-raises.

OMG HE COULD HAVE AA BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY HAND THAT BEATS US!!!!

pineapple888 11-14-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Yes. Like any of those hands. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You fold. Next hand you pick up KK. Once again, villain min-raises.

OMG HE COULD HAVE AA BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY HAND THAT BEATS US!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that follows. Great post. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I still see little reason to play this so fast. I'm done.

kyro 11-14-2005 04:58 PM

It does follow. You basically just listed off the hands that could beat us. Do I really need to list off the hands that we beat? Because I don't have time for that. You have top pair solid kicker against a moron who minraised from the button. If you're going to fold anytime you don't flop the nuts against guys like this, so be it. But you're missing out on a lot of value.