Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I'm very sorry (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375024)

Paul Phillips 11-09-2005 02:13 PM

I\'m very sorry

Message received this morning:

Paul:

I just spoke to Mat Sklansky who deleted the thread.

Apparently, you made derogartory comments about this site, the moderator, and stated that if any of your posts are ever deleted you would never post here again." I agree that our posters should not be "bad mouthing" the TV players. However, that's no excuse for you to do the same.

Paul, we are considering granting your wish of never allowing you to post here again. You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum.

It is our policy at Two Plus Two to hold other writers to higher standards, that policy is now extended to well known public figures in poker such as yourself.

I think this is a shame since you are certainly one of the most talented people in all of poker, but having extra talent is no excuse for rude behavior on Two Plus Two.

Best wishes,
Mason

I am very sorry to mason that he is so lame.
I am very sorry to the forum that you're stuck with mason and the rest of the hitler youth.

Best wishes,
paulp

11-09-2005 02:17 PM

Re: I\'m very sorry

Ruh roh.

*microwaves some popcorn*

parappa 11-09-2005 02:17 PM

If I reply to this thread, maybe when it gets deleted I can ride it into another dimension!

Kaeser 11-09-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
oh snap! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

La Brujita 11-09-2005 02:19 PM

Who cares if Paul apologizes. He is an incredible poster, probably one of the best on this site. I don't get this site sometimes.

TheBlueMonster 11-09-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ruh roh.

*microwaves some popcorn*

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's gonna be that epic...

YTV 11-09-2005 02:19 PM

I say off with his head.

Sykes 11-09-2005 02:20 PM

I agree with paul. This seems very odd of the staff to do.

Like a bad T.O. redux.

I knew multiple moderators would bring more un-needed suspensions/bannings.

11-09-2005 02:22 PM

edit: actually, this probaly doesn't call for popcorn and soda (though I am hungry for some now though....) It'll just get locked/deleted and paul might get banned. Meh. Also, people, quit sucking Paul's [censored] . I know he's a great poster, but the way he's acting here is immature. Dude, just bite the bullet and move on.

betgo 11-09-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, you made derogartory comments about this site, the moderator, and stated that if any of your posts are ever deleted you would never post here again." I agree that our posters should not be "bad mouthing" the TV players. However, that's no excuse for you to do the same.

Paul, we are considering granting your wish of never allowing you to post here again. You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the problem that Paul made derogatory remarks about a moderator and the site or was it his bad language and rude tone?

11-09-2005 02:26 PM

FWIW, the "rudeness" is by a bunch of jackalopes on this site, which then creates some "zero tolerance" policy which is nailing Paul.

Perhaps if some people acted less like jackalopes, we wouldn't have these issues.

And I love Paul as a poster and a great and eloquent mind on this site. Hope you stay.

La Brujita 11-09-2005 02:26 PM

Anyone remember the old Lee Jones thread?

SoloAJ 11-09-2005 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone remember the old Lee Jones thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fruitless I'm sure but....link?

BarronVangorToth 11-09-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the problem that Paul made derogatory remarks about a moderator and the site or was it his bad language and rude tone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul put his opinion of the problem on his site.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Mason Malmuth 11-09-2005 02:29 PM

Paul:

You have now been permanently banned from this site.

MM

11-09-2005 02:31 PM

The comparison to Hitler, Hitler youth, and anything else Nazi related is overused by society but I have to say this is one example of it being a just comparison.

I have read countless messages on this board chock-full of name calling, derision, sexism, racism and any other ism you can come up with. The selective editing of the moderators simply points out that it is their board and their rules. They will let us take swipes at each other and call each other names but don't do anything to disparage them or they may (or may not) choose to censor you.

Sad that whiny, spineless people choose to exercise dictatorial control over what should be an open forum for the poker community. It just goes to show that even the poker world is P.C. (well, selectively P.C.).

Oh, one other comment. Paul's standing as a poster, a poker player, a so-called celebrity, should not even factor into the equation. Equality is the issue, whether it is a first time poster or someone of Paul's notoriety. Equality in application of censorship as well as in treatment of others is the way to go if you must censor.

If you are going to be Nazi's, be proper Nazi's and censor everyone and not just single people out because you disagree with their comments du jour.

Rocaix 11-09-2005 02:32 PM

I'm not a PaulP fan by any means, but there are a million trolls on this site that post worthless rubbish that should be banned before Paul.

unfrgvn 11-09-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't beleive that post is considered rude enough that the whole thread needed to be deleted. If this leads to me being banned so be it but I think 2+2 and the moderators need to rethink their policies.

SoloAJ 11-09-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't beleive that post is considered rude enough that the whole thread needed to be deleted. If this leads to me being banned so be it but I think 2+2 and the moderators need to rethink their policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful....Don't step too hard on the eggshells....

archangel 11-09-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apologies for the hijack but would you believe that this post would have led to a suspension? well, it did. welcome to the new 2+2.

Miles Ahead 11-09-2005 02:35 PM

So, Paul Phillips's posts are being deleted and the administrators are considering banning him because he raised questions about (1) the software's functionality and (2) whether it's wise for moderators to be bragging about banning people?

Really?!

queenwithatrey 11-09-2005 02:37 PM

Are you with me that this feels like a work and not a shoot?

Where's Bret Hart when you need him?

11-09-2005 02:37 PM

Paul,

Sometimes the person telling you not to post, is not who you'd expect.

SoloAJ 11-09-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

apologies for the hijack but would you believe that this post would have led to a suspension? well, it did. welcome to the new 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 no less....I couldn't figure out which 3 just by looking because only one seemed to fall under their new rule...:[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]:

11-09-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul,

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahahaha, post of the year (given your avatar). god that was funy.

Pedigree 11-09-2005 02:41 PM

What happened in the Lee Jones thread?

SoloAJ 11-09-2005 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bartman387 11-09-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul,

[/ QUOTE ]

vvnh

La Brujita 11-09-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the thread, its in the books forum maybe in the last year. If someone finds it and posts it you might see some parallels.

I must be a bad searcher. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

11-09-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul,

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hate those commercials.

dabluebery 11-09-2005 02:48 PM

The moderators of this forum, and a few other boards here, have moved around / banned / deleted so much that it's nearly impossible to read anything that goes on here. Combine that with the horrible software upgrade, and this place is in terrible shape.

I agree with everything Paul said, save for the Hitler Youth. I think it's enough to call the moderation of this board idiotic without envoking Semitic coparisions of any kind. I get what he's saying but other people will look right past the meaning and focus on the buzzwords.

Beer and Pizza 11-09-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the thread, its in the books forum maybe in the last year. If someone finds it and posts it you might see some parallels.

I must be a bad searcher. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this one?

David Sklansky 11-09-2005 02:49 PM

"The comparison to Hitler, Hitler youth, and anything else Nazi related is overused by society but I have to say this is one example of it being a just comparison."

What is the probability Paul Phillips agrees with that statement?

La Brujita 11-09-2005 02:50 PM

That's the one! I truly am a crappy searcher.

Sightless 11-09-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul,

[/ QUOTE ]

best gimmick acount ever ):

11-09-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am very sorry to the forum that you're stuck with mason and the rest of the hitler youth.

Best wishes,
paulp

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm sorry you're such a jerk!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Kevmath 11-09-2005 02:52 PM

It helps if you select "from all dates" on the archive server. The default option makes it look like there's no posts.

benfranklin 11-09-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

If the copy of the post on Paul's website is what he posted, and if it is what this is all about, banning is mega-overkill. That post is an honest opinion and is potentially constructive criticism. His phrasing of his criticism may not have been as diplomatic as possible, but that post ranks way above the current 2+2 average in civility.

Mason's e-mail, if quoted correctly, says that people like Paul are held to a higher standard. The logic of this escapes me. Why shouldn't everyone be held to the same standard? If anything, people who contribute nothing of value should be held to a higher standard of civility. Zero content plus rude behavior equals negative contribution. (2 + 2 = 4 !!!!)

Tom Bayes 11-09-2005 02:53 PM

Mason,
Why make such a ridiculous overreaction? Sure Paul is opinionated and not always tactful, but the quality of 2+2 suffers everytime good posters are chased off.

IMO, online forums tend to suffer when moderation becomes too zealous. The readers just need to ignore the trolls and the moderators just need to remove the obvious crap.

At least there will be dozens of great posts by Vincent Lepore and Smoothcall to read.

Signed,
A Disappointed 2+2er

Beer and Pizza 11-09-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's the one! I truly am a crappy searcher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint: If you click on the "View" column on the forum page, all the mega-large threads are at the top of the list - no need to use the search function.