Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I'm very sorry (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375024)

AngryCola 11-12-2005 01:58 AM

Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
Which forums are you talking about? Who are these two mods that are bringing civility back to the Internet??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think anyone can accomplish quite that much as a mere 2+2 moderator. But to clarify, I was referring to the WPT/TV and OOT forums. However, 'The Zoo' really should be in that group, too.

11-12-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Which forums are you talking about? Who are these two mods that are bringing civility back to the Internet??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think anyone can accomplish quite that much as a mere 2+2 moderator. But to clarify, I was referring to the WPT/TV and OOT forums. However, 'The Zoo' really should be in that group, too

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the titles of three current topics on the front page of OOT:

"Should this chick blow me?"

"Longest log you've ever laid"

"Hot chick, strap on, would you"

Do those titles signify civility to you? I would describe OOT moderation as some sick experiment in human psychology as opposed to an effort to enforce civility.

AngryCola 11-12-2005 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here are the titles of three current topics on the front page of OOT:

"Should this chick blow me?"

"Longest log you've ever laid"

"Hot chick, strap on, would you"

[/ QUOTE ]

The main moderator of OOT hasn't been around. If he had been, I strongly suspect two of those three threads would be gone or not started in the first place.

Even so, none of those subjects are inherently uncivil.

MicroBob 11-12-2005 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
un·civ·il
adj.

1. Discourteous; rude

uncivil

adj : lacking civility or good manners; "want nothing from you but to get away from your uncivil tongue"- Willa Cather [syn: rude]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if we are talking 'discourteous' or 'rude' then all 3 of those threads would have to qualify.

AngryCola 11-12-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if we are talking 'discourteous' or 'rude' then all 3 of those threads would have to qualify.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Those subjects aren't discourteous at all. I suppose you could find a definition of 'rude' to fit your post, though.

They might be in bad taste, but that doesn't mean the subject is inherently uncivil. Well, at least not in the way I think of the word.

PoBoy321 11-12-2005 03:21 AM

I think that you can find a definition of rude to apply to any thread and I don't think that it's sufficient reason for any mod to ban someone simply because they don't like their posts.

AngryCola 11-12-2005 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you can find a definition of rude to apply to any thread and I don't think that it's sufficient reason for any mod to ban someone simply because they don't like their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about banning anyone in this line of posts?

I'm not going to get dragged into this type of discussion again. The only reason I even posted in this thread again was to clarify my post, and now a couple of people (not MicroBob) have tried to goad me into discussing wider moderation issues.

The mods you have problems with can speak for themselves.

SCfuji 11-12-2005 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This thread is hot!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but that pic is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

your imagination is failing to understand the range of looks the poster of the picture may have.