Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Just started SH (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358035)

LoaferGee12 10-15-2005 01:50 AM

Just started SH

Alright so I've played full-ring for some time. I feel I'm pretty grounded in my postflop play there so I tried to take it to 1/2 6-max. In general, I'm playing the same style postflop at 6-max that I did at full-ring. However, my AF is extremely high (4.11). This just seems like I may be too aggressive.

I am basically auto-betting flops that i raised preflop because all these pots are either HU or 3-way. Is this a leak, because this is what I'm used to doing at full-ring.

Also, is there anyone that may be able to look over a hand session of mine? I know that's asking a lot, but it would really be nice to see if I'm going in the right direction.

waffle 10-15-2005 01:56 AM

Re: Just started SH

[ QUOTE ]

I am basically auto-betting flops that i raised preflop because all these pots are either HU or 3-way. Is this a leak, because this is what I'm used to doing at full-ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not really. You probably don't want to bet A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] into a 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] board against 3 players. But autobetting all HU and 3-way pots after raising PF, while not perfect, isn't too far from optimal.

LoaferGee12 10-15-2005 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not really. You probably don't want to bet A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] into a 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] board against 3 players. But autobetting all HU and 3-way pots, while not perfect, isn't too far from optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, yeah. I'm not betting all flops, but the very good majority of them. Why would my AF be so high? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Or is this even a problem?

therockofgibraltar 10-15-2005 02:16 AM

How tight are you pf? If you are VERY tight, your AF may be high because you usually have a legitimate hand to bet/raise.

If you are not tight (<15 or something) then you are just aggressive and I think (don't know for sure though) 4 is too high.

Do you bet/raise a lot with marginal hands like bottom pair/middle pair etc.

Post some hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]