Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Are you going to see Brokeback Mountain. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394068)

trotski 12-08-2005 02:24 PM

Re: Are you going to see Brokeback Mountain.

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I think Anne is pretty hot...very girl next door-ish. Damn those things are perky [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paluka 12-08-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with that. Its not just an "I'm feeling rather fat today" insecurity. I watch Will & Grace ocassionally, and I may see this movie when it comes out on video. But I still find two men kissing repulsive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you somehow using "I watch Will and Grace" as a positive? The only time that phrase should be used is sometehing along the lines of "Normally I have good taste, but occassionaly I do screw up and watch Will and Grace."

tdarko 12-08-2005 02:26 PM

i will see it and i think its going to be good too.

it's got two actors in which i like most all of their movies and as far as ang lee goes i really liked the hulk (though nobody else did) and the ice storm is brilliant. yeah, it will get awkward in scenes but some of the best movies do that. i have a feeling that america won't be ready for this and though it will get oscar nods and rave reviews it will get a backlash amongst fans. too bad.

B Dids 12-08-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with that. Its not just an "I'm feeling rather fat today" insecurity. I watch Will & Grace ocassionally, and I may see this movie when it comes out on video. But I still find two men kissing repulsive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you somehow using "I watch Will and Grace" as a positive? The only time that phrase should be used is sometehing along the lines of "Normally I have good taste, but occassionaly I do screw up and watch Will and Grace."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also amused that watching Will and Grace is his defense to potential homophobia.

I just find it totally pathetic that somebody would ever balk at going to a movie because of what's like less than a minute worth of kissing.

sfer 12-08-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just find it totally pathetic that somebody would ever balk at going to a movie because of what's like less than a minute worth of kissing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! If it were 5 minutes I would totally go.

tdarko 12-08-2005 02:37 PM

no kidding, i don't care what paluka says will & grace is funny! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

man 12-08-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably won't see it in theatres unless my friends , some of whom happen to be women, want to go see it or something. and during the scene where dudes kiss I probably will be about as moved as during a scene in another movie where a guy and a girl kiss. love is love.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you won't go see it unless it's with a bunch of other dudes?

[/ QUOTE ]
fmp [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

wheeler 12-08-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're confusing homophobia with personal taste.

tolbiny 12-08-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're confusing homophobia with personal taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i don't think so. If there was a fat chick naked in the movie, and you didn't like to see fat chicks naked, would you not go to see a movie that had otherwise good review solely because of 0.5% of the movie was a fat chick naked?
If you refuse to see the movie cause two guys are kissing odds are its homophobia.

JihadOnTheRiver 12-08-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a live in girlfriend bro. I turned in my balls a while ago...