Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Amazing but Sad Photos (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350110)

mslif 10-04-2005 11:16 AM

Re: Amazing but Sad Photos

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen anything as sad as the 1983 winner. The mother crying over her five dead children... The photographer's quote beautifully describes a parents love.... "While her screams pierced my heart, it seemed like she thought her love could will them back to life."
Link to the pic

amazingly sad

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad, but I think this one is far worse. If it's so heartbreaking the photographer commits suicide after, you might not want to look.
(Sudan famine child)

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! I am crying... This is terrible [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

krazyace5 10-04-2005 12:03 PM

Another sad one

bhopal chemical disaster

HopeydaFish 10-04-2005 01:19 PM

I read the responses to this thread and I chose not to look. I don't need the nightmares. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

youtalkfunny 10-04-2005 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read the responses to this thread and I chose not to look. I don't need the nightmares. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

MCS 10-05-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad, but I think this one is far worse. If it's so heartbreaking the photographer commits suicide after, you might not want to look.
(Sudan famine child)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God. That is the saddest, most haunting thing I've ever seen. I just stared for five minutes.

Wow. Wow wow wow.

TheMainEvent 10-05-2005 03:35 AM

I don't understand how the monks who set themselves on fire can just sit there motionless. I mean I understand they are disciplined, but...they're engulfed in flames. I don't see how you can be calm through that.

Nick B. 10-05-2005 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(Sudan famine child)

[/ QUOTE ]

I call bullshit on this one. Why wouldn't the photographer help the kid to the "food place?" Or go get him some food.

PoBoy321 10-05-2005 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I call bullshit on this one. Why wouldn't the photographer help the kid to the "food place?" Or go get him some food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's against a journalist's code of ethics to interfere with his subject is the easy answer. The more likely answer is that behind the photographer, there was pandemonium in which a child with no hope of survival was not a top priority.

PoBoy321 10-05-2005 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how the monks who set themselves on fire can just sit there motionless. I mean I understand they are disciplined, but...they're engulfed in flames. I don't see how you can be calm through that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, you don't understand the depth of their discipline and religious conviction.

TheMainEvent 10-05-2005 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, you don't understand the depth of their discipline and religious conviction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand much of anything, but I was thinking that your body would do something along the lines of a involuntary reaction when set aflame