Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   a big river fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338968)

fsuplayer 09-17-2005 05:31 PM

a big river fold

table is HU now after people left quickly.

we both have about $4200.

party 2k PL

me and a relatively unknown, his stats show 30/15, but thats not over very many hands. I have been very aggressive since its been 3-4 handed, including reraising him on the button 2-3 times in last 5 mins, and raising the full pot after he raised and i flopped top two with K10s, he folded.

he raises from the SB to 60 (its PL), i call with A5s.

flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he bets pot, i repot quite quickly (to around 550 i believe), trying to make it seem like im pushing him around again.

turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

chk, i bet 700, he CR's to 1500, I call.

river:K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he moves in for $2000 more, I think forever and fold.

too good of price on the river to fold? hate it?

comments on any street?

thanks,

fsuplayer

captZEEbo1 09-17-2005 05:34 PM

Re: a big river fold

I hate it. Decide on turn what your plan is, either fold to his raise there or call river. Wtf hand do you put him on anyways? Do you put him scarely on 99 or TT? You knew he was moving in on river anyways, so why call turn? Actually I just see Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is possible too. I don't mind shoving it in on turn though.

deadmoney98 09-17-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he bets pot, i repot quite quickly (to around 550 i believe), trying to make it seem like im pushing him around again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got exactly what you wanted and then did not carry through. It is possible he has you beat, but unlikely. Was there a better flop for your hand? I don't like it at all.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind shoving it in on turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

Those are my thoughts in no particular order.

neon 09-17-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

party 2k PL

me and a relatively unknown, his stats show 30/15, but thats not over very many hands. I have been very aggressive since its been 3-4 handed, including reraising him on the button 2-3 times in last 5 mins, and raising the full pot after he raised and i flopped top two with K10s, he folded.

flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

comments on any street?

thanks,

fsuplayer

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, man. Seems like you've been setting him up for this exact situation, and then failed to follow through and stack him.

As you got there, I call the river, but then again, I call too much.

Preflop and flop are good.

I think I shove the rest in on the turn.

It's not like it's inconceivable that you're beat, but given the recent history between you and villain, as well as the fact that this is HU, I think it's a pretty big mistake to fold on the river.

-neon.

Yeti 09-17-2005 06:22 PM

I just shove it in on the turn so I don't have to think on the river.

BobboFitos 09-17-2005 06:37 PM

unless you think he has like QJh (or... K9...) I dont understand the river fold.

Lucky 09-18-2005 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

party 2k PL

comments on any street?

thanks,

fsuplayer

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like it. He's prob got 5/smaller kicker. Get it all in on turn. If he's got boat, oh well.

Spladle Master 09-18-2005 04:23 AM

Bad fold.

09-18-2005 08:47 AM

I either fold the turn c/r or try to get it all in. Depends on how I feel about player.

esbesb 09-18-2005 12:40 PM

Your whole point was to try to make it look like you were pushing him around again. Sounds like your plan worked to perfection.