Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   10/20 HU hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394252)

kurosh 12-08-2005 02:59 PM

10/20 HU hand

This is for daft because he is pissing me off. Daft has no idea how this opponent plays or the tempo of the match and I play like garbage apparently, so that is all the information you get.

He raises on the button/SB, I defend A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I CR him and he calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I CC his bet.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I CR him and he calls.

How'd I do? Is this an "easy" turn bet/fold?

Alobar 12-08-2005 03:04 PM

Re: 10/20 HU hand

tell daft to learn how to post

I hate checking the turn, why do you expect him to bet?? Given part of your c/r the flop range, is a flush draw, I really dont see him pulling a big lone spade raise (sans read), and given you have bottom pair and no spade, I think its an easy bet/fold.

edited to add: oops, I missed the gutshot on the turn. I still dont like checking tho, id rather bet/call fold UI. I dont see a turn raise happening all that much (and if it does, I think your outs are very tainted) and I think he checks behind the turn often unless he already has you beat.

Spicymoose 12-08-2005 03:05 PM

I really don't get check raising the flop and then check/calling the turn. Given that you did that on the turn, I think you have to bet/call the river. First of all, he may get scared and check behind with a good hand, or he could have been bluffing the turn, and won't be the river. Furthermore, if he does have the flush, you are forced to pay 3 bets on the river, which sucks.

Bet/folding the turn is a bit rough, because he doesn't necessarily have the flush, and you could have up to 9 outs. I guess this was your reason for check/calling the turn? If the turn would have been close to any other card, I think I bet the turn automatically, but now that I see that we have a gutshot, yet the flush completed, I guess check/calling isn't so bad.

TStoneMBD 12-08-2005 08:05 PM

i think the turn check is ok in a heads up match if you do it with some frequency but not as a standard. its a good metagame move and mixing it up is good there. id say 25% of the time cc 75% bet. rest is good.

12-08-2005 08:11 PM

I love your line, your hand isnt great, I feel like its more likely he has the Q than the flush draw although Im sure the fd is possible, but hey if the flush hits, you shut down, if it doesnt on the river, im betting folding to a raise...
your line was great, especially with the Ace hitting, you may just be pumped that you rivered him...

dont bet fold the turn! he will RR a real strong draw to often, say he has AKS spades, if im him im raising you on the turn no matter what...

NLSoldier 12-09-2005 12:15 AM

I think I donk the river a decent amount of the time. i like the turn check cuz of your gutshot, wihtout that i would like a bet/fold.

intensify1 12-09-2005 02:29 AM

I dont think this can be an easy fold IMO considering the fact of his steal attempt. Besides your adopted draw to the straight and possible over card value. I like it overall.