Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GamesGrid.com- Is it worth your time? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300989)

alt0m 07-26-2005 02:54 PM

GamesGrid.com- Is it worth your time?

I was wondering if the 1000% Deposit bonus and VeryFrequentPlayer program (at least 1.5 BB/hour if played at least 10 hrs) is worth doing despite the small game selection.
GamesGrid was originally a backgammon site or so I am told, so the players might be tougher than average.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Albert

neorab 07-26-2005 03:45 PM

Re: GamesGrid.com- Is it worth your time?

Unless you have a real hankering to play dealer's choice, GG is quite the waste of time. You can earn more in rakeback playing 4 tables than you can earn in their big bonus. I also think that their VFP program isn't 1.5 BB, it's 1.5 small bets. Double is you are playing whatever table they are pushing this month. Either way, it's prety much a waste. I played dealer's choice for a few months, then decided I actually would like to make money, so I stopped.

imitation 07-26-2005 04:11 PM

My only input is that GG staff must be [censored] sick of signing up fake accounts and posting stupid threads like this.

TemetNosce 07-26-2005 05:08 PM

Post of the day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Watching grass grow has more EV than playing in those tight-arse games...

KingMedicine 07-26-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My only input is that GG staff must be [censored] sick of signing up fake accounts and posting stupid threads like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

hah. well put.

poker-penguin 07-26-2005 07:18 PM

Smoking grass has even more +EV.

Etric 07-26-2005 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if the 1000% Deposit bonus and VeryFrequentPlayer program (at least 1.5 BB/hour if played at least 10 hrs) is worth doing despite the small game selection.
GamesGrid was originally a backgammon site or so I am told, so the players might be tougher than average.

Albert

[/ QUOTE ]

It was worth it under the old rules. Under the new rules (1.5 SB or as they liked to call it 3 small blinds) it is not.

JJDylan 07-27-2005 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Albert

[/ QUOTE ]

It was worth it under the old rules. Under the new rules (1.5 SB or as they liked to call it 3 small blinds) it is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

it used to be 3 big blinds...now its 1.5 big blinds.

TemetNosce 07-27-2005 09:56 AM

To summarize:

EV[smoking grass] > EV[return on a wager that JJDylan will reply to a GG post] > EV[watching grass grow] > EV[playing on Games Grid for the $5k bonus]

Hopefully you will find this of some value when making your decision.

alt0m 07-27-2005 10:18 AM

Thanks guys for your help.
I guess I should have used the search function to help myself.
To clarify neorab's point, how much EV would you expect from rakeback only(say 25% if that is possible) 4 tabling 3/6 or 5/10 for 2.5 hours- 10 total virtual hours.
I couldn't find this easily using the search function. Sorry!
Thanks again.

Albert