Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   movie: syriana (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405189)

fluxrad 12-26-2005 02:14 AM

Re: movie: syriana

This is going to go on my list of litmus test movies along with stuff like Glengary Glen Ross, Sideways, and Crash (the last one being a [censored] terrible movie). If someone thought Syriana sucked then I can trust that they have terrible taste in intelligent movies.

Thankfully, I can still turn to these people if I need a good review of Vin Diesel Extreme: Part III.

MtnDave 12-26-2005 02:15 AM

Well I liked it. I had no problem following the plot and the myriad of characters.
Then again, I also liked The Constant Gardener.
Not having my mind degraded by TV and video games also helped.

xorbie 12-26-2005 02:15 AM

darying:

is it actually your birthday?

Tron 12-26-2005 02:25 AM

I thought it was fairly good; however, I was pretty tired when I went to the theatres and wasn't prepared for as heavy a movie as it was, so I left pretty confused... I would like to see it again.

mikech 12-26-2005 04:32 AM

it's obvious you didn't get it cuz your iq's so low.

wacki 12-26-2005 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is going to go on my list of litmus test movies along with stuff like Glengary Glen Ross, Sideways, and Crash (the last one being a [censored] terrible movie). If someone thought Syriana sucked then I can trust that they have terrible taste in intelligent movies.

Thankfully, I can still turn to these people if I need a good review of Vin Diesel Extreme: Part III.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious fuxrad, did you like "the thin red line"?

Dave Mac 12-26-2005 04:36 AM

syriana is good, the constant gardner was great, the rest of you are morons.

TheMetetron 12-26-2005 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it was a really good movie. As was Constant Gardener.

I had to see it a second time and make sure to read up on who the characters were before going back, but after the second time watching it I thought it was damn good. The first time, I saw it tired and was totally unprepared for what it was.

I like intelligent movies.

Dave Mac 12-26-2005 04:39 AM

the book seems good too, but i just started it.
dave

crosse91 12-26-2005 04:41 AM

i really liked the movie, but i really like those that let me put things together.