Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does any of this make sense? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324684)

billymonk 08-28-2005 07:28 PM

Does any of this make sense?

One of the new beginner tables at PP. Ridiculously laggy and I'm loving it. My two opponents in this hand: BB is reasonable and playing very straight forward. UTG+1 is playing all the hands that usual bad players play, any ace, couple of high cards, suited cards. Hindsight is 20/20 so I feel like I know how I should have played it in retrospect, but at the time, this just happened, where is it bad?

Flop and turn are what I'm interested in. Not 3 betting on the flop and on the turn were just cases of keeping the BB in, should I have worried about that or is he staying in with his flush draw anyways.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

Fantam 08-28-2005 07:45 PM

Re: Does any of this make sense?

You didnt know that BB was definitely on a flush draw. He might have had Ax for example.

I think that you played this hand well, by encouraging BB to stay in the hand and going for overcalls.

I agree that it looked like BB had a flush when he 3-bet the river, but you didnt know that on the flop or turn.

numeri 08-28-2005 07:52 PM

I'm not a big fan of slow-playing with another player in the pot, but it does have it's place. That said, once is enough. Once BB calls your bet on the turn it's safe to think he/she will call 2 more. If not, you'll gain an extra bet or two from UTG+1. You got lucky on the river that 1 of the 9 best cards for you hit. You won't always get this lucky and you'll lose out on BB's money from the turn.

Paxosmotic 08-28-2005 07:55 PM

You can slowdown on the turn if you want*, since your opponents are going to be drawing to 1.5 outs (either a 4 if someone was feeling particularly saucy, or one of the two remaining aces), but you've got to keep the hammer down on that flop.

* - I DON'T, but you CAN. I think it costs you bets.

billymonk 08-28-2005 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didnt know that BB was definitely on a flush draw. He might have had Ax for example.

I think that you played this hand well, by encouraging BB to stay in the hand and going for overcalls.

I agree that it looked like BB had a flush when he 3-bet the river, but you didnt know that on the flop or turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I said hindsight is 20/20, and that I'd play it much differently now. I was only checking to see whether or not I was being to fancy on the flop and turn. (This is not a rude response whatsoever, and I just say that cause reading it again it feels that way).

Billy

Greg J 08-28-2005 08:18 PM

This is one of those hands where I put my cursor over where the bet/raise option is on the screen and basically never stop left clicking until the action is over.

Jaran 08-28-2005 08:20 PM

I don't mind the call of the raise on the flop if you either bet/3bet or c/r the turn, with bet/3bet being better, IMO. Get some bets in the pot on the turn where everyone still in thinks they're drawing live.

-Jaran

08-28-2005 08:31 PM

I'd have reraised on both the flop and turn. On the flop, I'm trying to bet as much as possible, I'm not slowplaying due to the possible flush draw.

On the turn, I'm just trying to jam the pot for value, with 2 flush draws out there and BB having already called one bet already, nobody is folding if you reraise here.

One amusing thing I noted: you were checkraised on all 3 streets, although by two different people.

billymonk 08-28-2005 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One amusing thing I noted: you were checkraised on all 3 streets, although by two different people.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's some sort of twisted trifecta.

irishpint 08-28-2005 08:43 PM

3 bet flop, 3 bet turn