Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Fantasy Help - Week 2 Playoffs - Which defense? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394242)

CCx 12-08-2005 02:51 PM

Fantasy Help - Week 2 Playoffs - Which defense?

Week 2 of the playoffs, winner goes to the championship game for a chance at ~$2500 (second is ~$1700), loser goes to consolation game where there's still money to be had, just not as much.

Most of my starters are no-brainers as I've got some favorable matchups (Palmer, Gado, Jackson, Tiki) and some okay matchups (Boldin, S.Moss), but where I really need help with my defense.

The two defense I had on my squad as of Monday were Minnesota and the Ravens - last week I started the Ravens vs. Houston and they came up huge. This week the Ravens play Denver, and Minnesota plays St. Louis. So I went to the waiver wire looking to spend some cash and for some defense/special teams help.

I picked up Green Bay and Kansas City.

Green Bay plays at home vs. Detroit
Kansas City plays away at Dallas

I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going to start, but was looking for some opinions on what you all thought.

Edit: Here's the matchup for this week in case anyone cares - the Guru has me as a 2 point favorite, a little close for my liking.

My Team:
STARTERS

QB - C. Palmer
RB - T. Barber
RB - S. Jackson
RB - S. Gado
WR - A. Boldin
WR - S. Moss
TE - L.J. Smith
K - J. Elam
D - ????

RESERVES

QB - B. Roethlisberger
QB - K. Warner
WR - K. Johnson
WR - A. Lelie
WR - M. Muhammed
D - Ravens
D - Packers
D - Chiefs
D - Vikings

His team:
STARTERS

QB - D. Brees
RB - E. James
RB - T. Jones
RB - R. Brown
WR - J. Galloway
WR - M. Harrison
TE - A. Gates
K - R. Lindell
D - Eagles

RESERVES

QB - K. Collins
RB - C. Perry
RB - S. Bryson
WR - J. Porter
TE - M. Pollard
K - J. Feely
D - Jets
D - Raiders

CCx 12-09-2005 04:33 PM

Re: Fantasy Help - Week 2 Playoffs - Which defense?

anyone? holla holla

(i'm thinking green bay, with KC a close 2nd)

KJL 12-09-2005 04:54 PM

Idk thats a tough call but i think Green Bay is the better pick. Both teams could lose but Green Bay should give up less points.

Frills 12-10-2005 02:39 AM

Detroit at Green Bay - 8:30

A high of 24°F with an overnight low of 18°F
Cloudy with a 30% chance of a few snow showers overnight
Wind - WNW at 8 MPH

12-10-2005 04:17 PM

Green Bay is definitely the safe play. Detriot cant put up big numbers on their best days. However, GB's D isn't likely to score a lot of fantasy points, they just wont lose a lot.

KC has a D that can make big plays and lead to more fantasy scoring. Dallas plays well at home but they dont score much either.

I think your opponent has a lot of tough matchups, edge and harrison on the road against a very good jax D, and brees and gates at home against a solid Miami D.

Overall, I think you have an advantage so I'd go with the safe play and start da Pack's D.

GL

mblax10 12-10-2005 05:11 PM

I picked up the Green Bay defense this week as well. Detroit's team is a mess. However, I picked up the Minnesota defense vs. Detroit last week and recieved next to no points.

CCx 12-11-2005 03:59 PM

getting destroyed 61-4 right now (granted only 2 of my guys are playing at 1 and 7 of his are), may have to take a gamble on KC's defense to win this game