Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pick my new hometown! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336345)

joshman1204 09-13-2005 11:20 PM

Pick my new hometown!

I am considering a move to a new place and would like some ideas from the OOT crew! I want to be within 1 to 2 hours of a major ski resort and also within 1 to 2 hours of a large city but I dont want to live in a large city. I was thinking something at the base of the mountains in cali but I dont know any of the towns out there.

PoBoy321 09-13-2005 11:21 PM

Re: Pick my new hometown!

Where do you live now? Northern New Jersey or Southern New York State could fit the bill, but I don't know if you're an east coast or west coast guy.

lighterjobs 09-13-2005 11:22 PM

des moines, iowa

i hear good things

touchfaith 09-13-2005 11:23 PM

Are you from California already? If not, we have no towns available for residence at this time, however, I do have some visual aids if you are interested.

swede123 09-13-2005 11:24 PM

There's some good options in Colorado. Colorado Springs, Fort Collins or any of the suburbs of Denver would cover all your criteria. One downside is mediocre poker.

Swede

joshman1204 09-13-2005 11:25 PM

I am in waco texas (shithole) right now.

I have never heard much about the east coast ski resorts is the only reason why i didnt consider them before. I will give those a look also.

Thanks

joshman1204 09-13-2005 11:26 PM

Another downside is that you are really stuck in colorado without much else to do but mountains. If im not mistaken even from mammoth in cali it is only like a 4 or 5 hour drive to a beach and maybe even less than that.

swede123 09-13-2005 11:28 PM

Well, it is a ways from the Ocean. But there are reservoirs around if you like to waterski and stuff. There's deserts, prairies, great mountains to hike, and much else. I know what you're saying though, it's not a great place if you like going to the beach.

Swede

smokingrobot 09-13-2005 11:29 PM

nort jersey has mt creek, which is one of the better snowboarding resorts on the ast coast (ignoring the north & east like vermont et al)

intrawest turned that place around.

joshman1204 09-13-2005 11:30 PM

Its not that the beach is a priority but I would just like to be close enough to something other than the mountains. Skiing in the winter is #1 priority and then summer I would like to be somewhat close to the beach.

I always used to dream about moving to colorado but now that I get closer to actually moving Cali keeps sticking in my mind for some reason.