Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Online HORSE or dealer's choice? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174481)

Rudbaeck 01-10-2005 04:32 PM

Online HORSE or dealer\'s choice?

Does any site anywhere offer dealer's choice or HORSE? I know PokerSchoolOnline had mixed tourney's where you played a certain amount of hands each of hold'em, stud and o/8, but I'd like to do it for cash. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

lucas9000 01-10-2005 04:36 PM

Re: Online HORSE or dealer\'s choice?

i actually suggested this (dealer's choice tables) to pokerstars a while back (a support guy just randomly dropped in at a table where i was playing and we got to talking about it...we discussed it quite a bit actually). the problem that arises is games with antes (eg, 7-stud and its variants) v. games with blinds (eg, hold em, etc). but, they said they'd consider it. if nothing else it seems like it might work in private tables, because then you could get your buddies together and have an online home game, and because it's friends people wouldn't care about a missed blind/ante here and there. email stars and ask them if they're still considering it.

schwza 01-10-2005 04:45 PM

seems like you could solve this problem by playing entire rounds of each game. not sure how it's generally done in B&M.

TylerD 01-10-2005 05:26 PM

Emailed Stars a couple of days ago:

Thank you for your email. At this moment, we are not planning to introduce
mixed tourneys. However, we appreciate your suggestion in this matter. I
will forward this information to our management team for future
consideration.

If you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us as we
will gladly assist you 24/7.

Best regards,

Jessica
PokerStars Support Team

lucas9000 01-10-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like you could solve this problem by playing entire rounds of each game. not sure how it's generally done in B&M.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my proposed solution as well, but the stars guy was concerned with the potential problem when people want to sit down or get up mid-round.

TylerD 01-10-2005 05:48 PM

tournys would work though?

Rudbaeck 01-10-2005 05:48 PM

Well, there are various solutions to the blind vs. ante problem, as this is somewhat popular in b&m cardrooms.

I do realize that I can achieve a very similar experience by 5-tabling and doing one of each game, but that's not what I was looking for.

Maybe I should suggest it to UB, they seem most open to funky games and special happenings. (They have 6-man table tourneys, triple draw lowball, crazy pineapple etc etc. Last I checked they were talking about introducing double flop hold'em, and they run both kill and mini-blind games.)

KingMarc 01-16-2005 12:50 AM

Didn't see this thread a couple days ago, but oh well.

Full Tilt is working on mixed tournaments. Hopefully in the next 3-4 months or so, they'll have them up. I can't wait.