Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Embarassed to be a gamer? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336008)

TheCroShow 09-13-2005 03:24 PM

Embarassed to be a gamer?

I started a new job yesterday and we had to complete an activity with a partner. Each person introduced his/her partner to the rest of the new employees, I mentioned that I play video games. In front of everyone my trainer asked (in a room of 20-25 ppl) what kind of games I play.

I mostly play World of Warcraft (laugh it up fuzz-ball), and Counterstrike and some Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to relieve stress. I also enjoy the Madden series, etc.

Getting back to the story, I paused as he asked the question. No way in hell did I want to say that I play WoW, Counterstrike? hmm..."I play mostly shooter games and sports games." Not a complete lie, but for some reason I felt embarassed. WHY IS THIS? I have never felt embarassed in my life about my gaming habits.

Am I a sad, insecure soul? Maybe I'm getting old lol Has anyone else experienced this?

steelcmg 09-13-2005 03:26 PM

Re: Embarassed to be a gamer?

ur not a tru gamer then. Only people tru to something are not embarased by it.

09-13-2005 03:27 PM

Do you work at Wally World?

CollinEstes 09-13-2005 03:28 PM

I would have been embarressed to admit to playing WoW but Madden is always cool.

Never understood games like WoW I need to persue more than just a number or rank. Plus it is kind-of ridiculous how much it costs for 6 months.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-13-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True gamers don't have jobs.

bravos1 09-13-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True gamers don't have a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

LethalRose 09-13-2005 03:30 PM

everybody plays video games dude....

TheCroShow 09-13-2005 03:33 PM

i've been a gamer for just over 20 years, I think my status as a "real" gamer should not be debated. note that i said this was the first time i ever felt embarassed to be a gamer.

i play WoW because a lot of my friends play and it's a fun way of "hanging out." mind you we also hit up the bars once in a while, play poker, and do regular stuff, not like we're dudes that never see daylight haha

Lawrence Ng 09-13-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True gamers don't have a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

So gamers don't have a life, but posters who go around correcting every little detail about a post do?

Lawrence

CollinEstes 09-13-2005 03:37 PM

I hear yah, I have a friend that spends an un-godly amount of time on that game and all I see him doing is standing around or traveling from one place to the other, I guess don't get it.