Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   ISOP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Announcement of the site hosting the 1st & Last events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=188857)

RPMick 02-03-2005 09:53 PM

Re: Announcement of the site hosting the 1st & Last events

They didn't want any documents from me but that doesn't mean the interface blows.

I doubt I'll be dropping the 1k or any $ there to get a satellite into a tourney with this interface. Uninstall and catch a later event.

-Ryan

fnord_too 02-04-2005 12:20 AM

Wow! I even have an account there!

theblitz 02-04-2005 07:06 AM

Re: Announcement of the site hosting the 1st & Last events *DELETED*

Post deleted by ISOP Admin

theblitz 02-04-2005 10:01 AM

I signed up and all was ok until I tried to deposit money.

I had registered with my home address (in Israel) but tried to use my US credit card. Seems they didn't like that.

Now they asked me for ID.

They want a photo-id (no problem), utility id (also no problem) and ..... a copy of my CC (NO WAY!!!!).

Have told them that - will wait and see what happens.

I think that 2+2 may have to help out some of their regulars in the process of registration.

Khaos337 02-04-2005 10:47 AM

Anyone know when RVP will start promoting the event and begin to run satellites, etc.??

fnord_too 02-04-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know when RVP will start promoting the event and begin to run satellites, etc.??

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure they will. They offer satelites and super satelites for their $50-$100 tournies.

MEbenhoe 02-04-2005 12:32 PM

Not to be a downer but you couldn't have possibly made a worse choice in site. The Royal Vegas site is disgusting. Their support is close to the worst if not the worst in online poker and their software is as bad as it gets. Also, they're notorious for having their server crash over and over again in large tournaments. Very very poor choice IMO, and I hope for the sake of the ISOP that RV doesn't bring it down like its brought down other good tourney ideas in the past.

SAV 02-04-2005 01:47 PM

I have to agree with "MEbenhoe " :
Royal Vegas was a poor choice.

But a bunch of other sites will be participating
in ISOP. Hopefully, that will include pokerstars
and some of the other better sites.

fnord_too 02-04-2005 02:12 PM

I don't think there software is that bad. Well, I have one major problem with it and that is that the shot clock for acting is the same in all ring games. So, lets say I am faced with a $1k+ decision in a short handed PLO game, I still only get 20 seconds to anaylze the situation and act before my hand is auto folded. That really sucks, and has cost me big time on more than one occasion. Other than that, I think there software is as good or better than Party's.

As to support, never had a problem with them, but I've never really had a problem I needed to take up with them. Their cash outs can be kind of slow, but I am never in that big of a hurry so it has not really bothered me.

GrannyMae 02-04-2005 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to be a downer but you couldn't have possibly made a worse choice in site. The Royal Vegas site is disgusting. Their support is close to the worst if not the worst in online poker and their software is as bad as it gets. Also, they're notorious for having their server crash over and over again in large tournaments. Very very poor choice IMO, and I hope for the sake of the ISOP that RV doesn't bring it down like its brought down other good tourney ideas in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are sorry to hear your opinion on this. however, we could not be more happy with our choice. RVP has it all. incredible marketing, amazing management and fantastic celebrity endorsers. all of this coupled with the power of the prima network means that the ISOP is gonna rock.

prima has arrived and many of your comments are no longer applicable (if they ever were). however, as it has been pointed out, there will be many other tournaments for you to play in. i suspect that by the time the first event is played, RVP will have won you over MEbenhoe.

let's see if i am right.
(granny is always right tho)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/j0/clever.gif