Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Quick Question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377770)

slavic 11-13-2005 08:48 PM

Quick Question

5/10 PP 6 max

You have an underboat on a

Q 2 7 Q board

You hold 22

Typical hyper aggressive(50/20/4.5) has position on you and capped the flop, and just capped the turn on you. Do you let up on the river or bet 3/bet?

I chose the latter and of course he put in the 4th bet.

Is this right or chip spewing in general?

Drontier 11-13-2005 08:53 PM

Re: Quick Question

this really depends on action preflop and the actual flop too. which one of those cards came on the turn?

admiralfluff 11-13-2005 08:53 PM

check-raise and call a 3-bet or cap it yourself (depending on how hyper-aggressive he is, does he slow down on the river...if all I had were stats I would just call the 3-bet) is correct in general.

redbeard 11-13-2005 08:57 PM

i'm guessing that he didn't do anything special preflop. therefore his range of hands maybe somewhat higher. but with a player this aggressive post flop he is definately capable of capping with just a queen. i think that a postflop aggression this high warrents a bet, three bet imo (assuming the river didn't pair the board) and of course calling his cap if it comes. this is all based on that extremely high post flop aggression. if he was at all reasonable i think you would not three bet the river, but again an aggression factor this high warrents a bet/three bet.

Joe Tall 11-13-2005 09:47 PM

Slav, what was the preflop action???!?!?!?!? There is no hold'em cookbook.

slavic 11-14-2005 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry 5 handed, UTG limp, CO fold, Button limped (the anti-hero), sb completed and I checked the action. I led 3 bet both the flop and turn. I did that mainly because he was really hyper aggressive post flop.

Sometimes I get really tense about that third bet just because playing live that third bet signals the mortal nuts. Obviously it doesn't have to mean that here and I suspected it wasn't but I have to think this is spewing at some point.

On the river I think I have to push anything that's not a KQJT7, I mean really would he play Q7, or Q2? Heck there is only 1 2 out for him to have and 3 sevens, and 2 Queens to go with them. With his raising standards I have to think he'd raise any pair, probably all the better queens also.

I guess I don't really have a problem with it.

flawless_victory 11-14-2005 04:17 AM

checkraise the river 4sure, then you just call if goes thrre bets.

Victor 11-14-2005 04:19 AM

paging aggrohushposter.....

jason_t 11-14-2005 04:20 AM

Check/raise the river and just call a 3-bet.

11-14-2005 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, wow...

preflop is irrelevant you [censored], clearly you're new to the party games...christ

slavic, check the hand rankings. uve got a boat. you're playing limit hold em online. raise.

then call gandhi on the party support and ask them to remove the cap heads up. then 12 bet that [censored].