Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   99, what‘s my line on this flop? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389269)

Roland 12-01-2005 03:38 PM

99, what‘s my line on this flop?

Hi all,

First post here - my main game is stud, but I’m trying to get into holdem and could really use some help. So here goes…

Just arrived at this table, so no reads unfortunately.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero???

Eeegah 12-01-2005 03:41 PM

Re: 99, what‘s my line on this flop?

You flopped wrong.

That said, the continuation bet here is probably the last money I'm putting into the pot unimproved. Even if you spike a nine you'll have to be careful as it's going to be very easy for you to be outdrawn.

jaxUp 12-01-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You flopped wrong.

That said, the continuation bet here is probably the last money I'm putting into the pot unimproved. Even if you spike a nine you'll have to be careful as it's going to be very easy for you to be outdrawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am tempted to c/f this flop. It just hit a lot of hands. I don't think we will even fold 2 people here.

mojobluesman 12-01-2005 03:46 PM

I think most people won't agree with me, but I would check and fold if bet into. With 2 players to come, I think it's still somewhat more likely that you are behind than ahead. Another 9 helps you, but may also give someone a STR8. The only thing that argues for betting is that the pot is fairly large.

A_K 12-01-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, the continuation bet here is probably the last money I'm putting into the pot unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]
IMHO, this is not a good spot for a continuation bet -- two people left to act, and this flop had to hit someone. The chance of everyone folding are too low to make a bet +EV. Frankly, I'd probably dump it if someone bets the flop.

12-01-2005 04:39 PM

Grunch

Check/Fold seems good here. Too many players in the pot and another nine can be dangerous. I think I only make a CB here 10% of the time but i'm check/folding alot.

If there was an Ace I would be tempted to make a CB since I came out strong preflop and will try to keep that image.

12-01-2005 05:03 PM

grunch

flop will hit lots of hands. I c/f this one.

Roland 12-01-2005 05:13 PM

RESULTS

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I did the right thing here - feels good. Guess I was scared of catching the 9d mainly, but like everyone pointed out the other 9 could also suck.

I thought the rest of the hand was pretty funny:

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has 8h Jh (two pair, jacks and twos).
CO has Ks Ah (one pair, twos).
Outcome: MP1 wins 9.75 BB. </font>

12-01-2005 05:15 PM

I bet out on this flop. I wanna keep control of the hand here. The bet is good because you may very well still have the best hand here and if not, you might be able to scare off someone w/ Split tens or other overcards that could draw out on you later. If someone hit a Jack, then they will often raise you unless they are extremely passive and then you'll know right then &amp; there you're beat and it only cost you 1 Small Bet to find out.

lighterjobs 12-01-2005 05:38 PM

Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the rest of the hand was pretty funny:

MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has 8h Jh (two pair, jacks and twos).
CO has Ks Ah (one pair, twos).
Outcome: MP1 wins 9.75 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty standard for party 2/4.