Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Why do you buy used CD's? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321929)

cassette 08-24-2005 01:18 PM

Why do you buy used CD\'s?

In this modern era of all music being free if you spend the time on the web, why do people still buy used CDs? I spend a decent chunk of change buying new stuff from artists that I want to support. But the artists get none of my money from a used CD purchase.

The only reason I could see for logically buying used CD's is if you are trying to help out the person or store selling them. Other than that, seems silly.

beernutz 08-24-2005 01:36 PM

Re: Why do you buy used CD\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
In this modern era of all music being free if you spend the time on the web, why do people still buy used CDs? I spend a decent chunk of change buying new stuff from artists that I want to support. But the artists get none of my money from a used CD purchase.

The only reason I could see for logically buying used CD's is if you are trying to help out the person or store selling them. Other than that, seems silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, suppport a local (likely small) business vs. steal intellectual property. Tough choice.

cassette 08-24-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, suppport a local (likely small) business vs. steal intellectual property. Tough choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not valid. You should support the local business and local musician buy purchasing new music.

Besides, isn't buying a used CD pretty much the same idea as downloading as far as the artist is concerned? They are not getting a cut.

Slow Play Ray 08-24-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you buy used CD's?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] i don't...

mythrilfox 08-24-2005 01:46 PM

Because I lost everything at poker and can't afford new cds.

Al P 08-24-2005 01:47 PM

Why should I be forced to keep something I no longer want? (sounds like marriage)

And why should I be forced to only buy a product in new condition?

cassette 08-24-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I be forced to keep something I no longer want? (sounds like marriage)

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Go ahead and sell your CDs if you want. I just don't get why people buy them.

You don't have to buy only new things. I'm just saying that if you are not going to buy it new, I see no logical reason to not download it.

Indiana 08-24-2005 01:58 PM

I use iTunes because everytime I go to one of those cheap ass sites for free music I get some kind of virus on my CPU. Also, I don't know of any good free sites.

Do Educate if you will,

Indy

david050173 08-24-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Go ahead and sell your CDs if you want. I just don't get why people buy them.

You don't have to buy only new things. I'm just saying that if you are not going to buy it new, I see no logical reason to not download it.

[/ QUOTE ]

One is illegal and the other is legal. Seems like a pretty logical reason to me.

chesspain 08-24-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this modern era of all music being free if you spend the time on the web...

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you forget to add "and you are a thief?"