Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   $2/$5 NL (T Stone) Hand vs. Prevaricator and huge fish (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407327)

snowbank 12-29-2005 07:28 PM

$2/$5 NL (T Stone) Hand vs. Prevaricator and huge fish

I get AQs in the sb. Huge fish limps, Prevaricator is in late position and makes it $25, I call, and huge fish min-re-raises to $50.(I think I have $200ish to start the hand, Prevaricator has a little more than me, and huge fish has $1K+ because he is the man.)

We both call. Flop is A-7-9, 2 diamonds. I check, huge fish bets $150, Prevaricator calls, and think for a minute or so, and call all-in. I was very worried about AK due to all the action before and on the flop, as it was a pretty tight game, but decided to go in.

Thoughts?

12-29-2005 07:29 PM

Re: $2/$5 NL (T Stone) Hand vs. Prevaricator and huge fish

Fold preflop.

jsnipes28 12-29-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Provide Reasoning. This isn't clear cut where you can provide a one sentence answer.

I think calling preflop is fine, folding AQs to a raise preflop with no other information is horrible. Also the fact that the huge fish is involved in the hand also makes this a clear call. I don't know how bad he is but i would be very surprised to see a limp-reraise with AK from him. A lot of people would still bet this flop with KK or QQ if he has something along those lines.
Unless you have a read that Prevaricator would not call w/o AK or a set, then i think you have to call. I am not really very excited here but you are getting 3:1 on your call and it seems like you are definetely ahead here >25% of the time. If you think the fish would min-reraise with a poor holding then pushing preflop is not a horrible idea either.

snowbank 12-29-2005 08:32 PM

Fold preflop.

5x the bb in live play is not really that much.

scdavis0 12-29-2005 09:30 PM

folding anywhere in this hand would be ridiculous

BobboFitos 12-29-2005 10:02 PM

I would've shoved preflop after prevaricator called [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

snowbank 12-29-2005 10:11 PM

I would've shoved preflop after prevaricator called

That actually would have been a great idea, and it didn't even cross my mind. I considered raising prevaricator originally before the fishy guy limp-raised, and probably should have.

snowbank 12-29-2005 10:43 PM

RESULTS

Turn was a 4d, river was a 10. Prevaricator mucked, and huge fish turned over 6-8, no diamonds, for the straight.

He is the man.

-Skeme- 12-29-2005 10:55 PM

Re: RESULTS

Do you mean he mucked at SD or he mucked to your all in? Also, is there no way you can raise now to isolate with the fish (who's most likely drawing or already way behind), then put him in on the turn?

Is making him call this much on the flop, but with 8 outs twice better than making him call a raise on the flop and then whole stack in on turn with 8 outs once?

I also don't like the all in. Why can't Prevaricator have you crushed here? What does your all in do that a normal bet/raise doesn't?

Edit: Just noticed stacks, heh. Sorry, a little tired. Assuming this was 100BB+ stacks, can someone goot try and answer my question concerning the drawing fish? Thanks.

flawless_victory 12-29-2005 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would've shoved preflop after prevaricator called [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
NO BRAINER.
this is a 300 cap right?
get it in and hope they call so you can build a stack.