Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TT river decision.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398522)

rafct 12-14-2005 07:09 PM

TT river decision..

I just played the following hand at 1/2 5 max.
The players are loose and passive.

I have T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG.

Raise, get 2 coldcallers, plus the big blind.

Flop 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

A great flop for me.
I bet , Co and button call, the bb folds.

Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Not exactly what I wanted to see but I think i still have the best hand a good part of the time and can still value bet. Maybe fold to a raise since they are passive and dont usually bluff.

I bet and both call.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

D'oh.

Your move here?

milesdyson 12-14-2005 07:18 PM

Re: TT river decision..

bet and fold to a raise

Peter Harris 12-14-2005 07:19 PM

check; if CO bets and button calls, fold. If CO bets and button folds, call. If CO checks and button bets, consider the likelihood of CO overcalling and having you beaten. Call or fold depending on that read.

I suppose a bet-fold line is sensible too. In fact, probably more sensible than the crap above. So, c/c, c/f or bet-fold.

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet and fold to a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

kidcolin 12-14-2005 07:26 PM

Without any real reads this is nearly impossible.

Peter is probably closer to the mark. You'll feel like a real dummy if you get two calls and lose, whereas if you check and CO bets you can safely fold if faced with over-calling or two-cold. It might even check through.

I think it's silly to invest a bet with no information vs. obtaining the information and then deciding.

toss 12-14-2005 07:28 PM

I'm with miles here. They'll be on a straight draw, have a pair often enough for us to value bet. If they raise we must fold of course.

kidcolin 12-14-2005 07:29 PM

You get no value out of straight draws.

KDawgCometh 12-14-2005 07:29 PM

I'm checking and calling one bet, and folding if I have to overcall. I don't like bet/folding here because you also will get called by hands that beat your too as a naked ace will be scared of heart. I don't want to bet and get called in two places as we know that we are very beat. Check/calling 1 and check/folding two allows us to possibly have a idiot think that he is value betting a worse hand, defeats any possible bluff/raises, and lets one of the villians try a bluff that only costs us one bet. We know that if we overcall that we are screwed, and we also save a bet here a fair amount too

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking and calling one bet, and folding if I have to overcall. I don't like bet/folding here because you also will get called by hands that beat your too as a naked ace will be scared of heart. I don't want to bet and get called in two places as we know that we are very beat. Check/calling 1 and check/folding two allows us to possibly have a idiot think that he is value betting a worse hand, defeats any possible bluff/raises, and lets one of the villians try a bluff that only costs us one bet. We know that if we overcall that we are screwed, and we also save a bet here a fair amount too

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how an overcall changes much here. All the call means is that he has some sort of pair.

12-14-2005 07:33 PM

probably a check/fold. not going to get a better hand to fold.