Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Tough River Decision #2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343519)

Roland 09-24-2005 04:00 PM

Tough River Decision #2

No reads.

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___double bets
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.94 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (4.94 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds

River - (8.94 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___raises
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

Total pot: (12.94 BB)

greenage 09-24-2005 04:16 PM

Re: Tough River Decision #2

Seems like he could have plenty of hands that you beat, including a smaller flush. That river check-raise is nasty though, but you have to call, right?

benwood 09-24-2005 04:21 PM

Roland, it occurs to me that it may be a good idea to raise 4th to get the other player out in case he has something like a pair & 3 spades. I would be interested in what you think of this. As for 7th,you look like a flush, checking behind on 5th & raising on 6th. So if he is not full, he must have a flush that he thinks is the best. It doesn't look like the AJ flush is strong enough for a re-raise, & not having having a history on this guy, I don't believe you can fold. The river call looks the best by far to me.

Roland 09-24-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roland, it occurs to me that it may be a good idea to raise 4th to get the other player out in case he has something like a pair & 3 spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, yeah, I did consider it, but didn’t like it.
First, his hand isn’t a threat for me (unless he has the unlikely Ks or Qs). If I make my flush, it will likely beat him. The only time I gain by knocking him out is when the 4s have indeed only 4s, and he has a pair. Even then, aces or jacks will likely beat his pair, so he really can’t hurt me so much.
Second, I really want him to stick around and cushion my odds in case the 4s have trip 4s or two pairs.
Also, the pot is small - I don’t need to maximise my chance of winning it quite yet; or at least it isn’t worth it with the disadvantages mentioned.

09-24-2005 05:32 PM

call but not like it.

by the way, you're too good to be playing 2/4.

Roland 09-24-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

by the way, you're too good to be playing 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

But to broke to be playing 5/10...

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Roland 09-24-2005 06:24 PM

RESULTS

This one isn’t so clear, because he could be doing this with an ace high flush with a ten kicker I suppose, but nevertheless, I really wanted to fold.
He had [ Jc 4s 4c 4d Tc 2c 2d ].