Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AKs gets raised oop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401383)

12-19-2005 02:09 PM

AKs gets raised oop

Bad place to cbet? Do you ever cbet if you get raised and miss? got none of them fancy read things

Paradise Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($51.75)
MP ($43.75)
Button ($20.75)
SB ($48.25)
BB ($10.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

Flop: ($15.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $20</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $45.75

unlucky513 12-19-2005 02:12 PM

Re: AKs gets raised oop

this is not a good place for a c-bet. c/f this flop...

don't c-bet in other peoples pots, especially on that flop after being raised PF.

12-19-2005 02:40 PM

Do you call preflop? I'm OOP with a marginal hand compared to his hand range, which by default I assign AQ+,TT+ (and possibly hands like AJ and 77-99). Are these default hand ranges anywhere close?

Isura 12-19-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

don't c-bet in other peoples pots, especially on that flop after being raised PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

wyrd 12-19-2005 03:12 PM

- Raise 4xbb, not 12xbb. 12xbb is way too much.

- If you bet the standard raise, it would have given you room to reraise, which is something you'd want to do with one of the best starting hands in the game.

- Why are you betting the flop when you gave up the lead preflop? You also got NO part of that flop. Check/fold.

orange 12-19-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Raise 4xbb, not 12xbb. 12xbb is way too much.

- If you bet the standard raise, it would have given you room to reraise, which is something you'd want to do with one of the best starting hands in the game.

- Why are you betting the flop when you gave up the lead preflop? You also got NO part of that flop. Check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though it says $.25 BB, I think it is $.50BB (NL50), thus a 6xBB raise.

OP: c/f this flop.

12-19-2005 04:52 PM

Do you guys just call the RR PF here?

orange 12-19-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys just call the RR PF here?

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting is not good IMO. Folding is ok if you have no reads- this is a very hard hand to play OOP in a big pot. Calling is fine, but be prepared for some TOUGH decisions on the flop if you hit an A or K.

Maulik 12-19-2005 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad place to cbet? Do you ever cbet if you get raised and miss? got none of them fancy read things

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, MP took the lead from you here. I don’t lead un-improved here very often. Barring a GREAT read.

On the flop, if I find a c-bet it would be $13-15, I don’t believe you have a hand.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unlucky, I’m not check/folding before the flop, that’s too weak-tight. This is AKo. AQo I definitely muck, OOP.

Isura 12-20-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

unlucky, I’m not check/folding before the flop, that’s too weak-tight. This is AKo. AQo I definitely muck, OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I routinely fold AKo vs this kind of reraise against players with tight reraising standards (TT++, AK). Even if he's reraising with AQo, we are most likely an underdog since we are out of position.