Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Socializing and Meeting New People (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=229271)

theBruiser500 04-09-2005 05:54 PM

Socializing and Meeting New People

I like socializing with people I like a lot, and hanging out with friends but I don't like meeting new people. For instnace when I'm in an airplane and it looks like someone is about to make conversation with me my first though is "how can i avoid this impending conversation?" closing my eyes, opening my book and going for a little walk (probably to bathroom) are all among the most likely options. if i am in a conversation then what i'm thinking is "what is the quickest way to get out of this conversation?".

How about you all?

InchoateHand 04-09-2005 05:55 PM

Re: Socializing and Meeting New People

I think you'll be happier if you change. Learn to ditch the conversations that suck.

Airplanes are great, as are smoking lounges. I meet some really cool people with fascinatingly diverse lives.

Sponger15SB 04-09-2005 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like socializing with people I like a lot, and hanging out with friends but I don't like meeting new people.

How about you all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup that sounds about right.

pshreck 04-09-2005 05:57 PM

Well, its more like it makes you uncomfortable to meet someone new. You would be out of your element for at least the initial meeting. This seems really natural, but you should probably get over it eventually. Not meaning change your whole lifestyle, but try not to look at new conversations as something horrible. They have the potential to be something really good.

[censored] 04-09-2005 05:57 PM

I actually prefer random throw away conversations like the airplane example to construed get togethers like parties where I know a bunch of people but actually like very few. I tend to aviod situations like that.

For some reason I enjoy short conversations with people I don't know especially if they are with old people.

InchoateHand 04-09-2005 06:01 PM

I'm with you. I would much rather random conversations with new faces, than the same old conversations with the same old faces (unless we are reasonably close, have good conversations, etc).

ThaSaltCracka 04-09-2005 06:12 PM

How are you ever going to mack on a chick if you don't like talking to people you don't know?

bugstud 04-09-2005 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are you ever going to mack on a guy if you don't like talking to people you don't know?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

lucas9000 04-09-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like socializing with people I like a lot, and hanging out with friends but I don't like meeting new people. For instnace when I'm in an airplane and it looks like someone is about to make conversation with me my first though is "how can i avoid this impending conversation?" closing my eyes, opening my book and going for a little walk (probably to bathroom) are all among the most likely options. if i am in a conversation then what i'm thinking is "what is the quickest way to get out of this conversation?".

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a good way to end up spending the rest of your life in hot tubs with a bunch of dudes.

InchoateHand 04-09-2005 06:16 PM

That was only funny when the /B was still in it. Nice edit.