Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   My first post in Micro is an AKs hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297036)

07-20-2005 06:48 PM

My first post in Micro is an AKs hand?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

After the flop I put her(Robyn___)BB on the Club Draw since she only called 1 raise preflop from the Big Blind, but raise coming out on the flop.

Was I thinking correct when I guessed she was on a flush draw and her raise was just trying to thin out the table?
Or am I way off?

gharp 07-20-2005 06:53 PM

Re: My first post in Micro is an AKs hand?

[ QUOTE ]
I guessed she was on a flush draw and her raise was just trying to thin out the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would a flush draw want to thin the table?

I'd 3-bet this flop...

Kumubou 07-20-2005 06:56 PM

Do not include player names of opponents -- that is just bad manners.

The last thing a flush draw is doing is blasting people out of the pot. The BB could have something like top pair, marginal kicker or second pair plus a marginal draw, bottom two pair, who knows. Against an unknown, I either 3-bet here or (if you do not want to re-raise) lead out the turn. Put these fools to the test.

-K

topspin 07-20-2005 06:56 PM

Like gharp says, a flush draw would want people to call so they can pay it off if the flush hits.

I'd go ahead and 3-bet the flop too, I think you're ahead here most of the time.

GTSamIAm 07-20-2005 06:58 PM

That's too narrow a range of hands to put your opponent on. Since he came from the BB he could have anything except some of the strongest hands. AT,A6,T6,66,TT beat you. Flush draw is possible as well; straight draw is unlikely since it will be a gutshot. That said he probably has an A and is outkicked and thinks you are doing a continuation bet. He could be on a draw as well. Charge both these hands with a 3-bet on the flop and lead the turn. More often than not you have the opponent beaten.

07-20-2005 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guessed she was on a flush draw and her raise was just trying to thin out the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would a flush draw want to thin the table?

I'd 3-bet this flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you are right, I am still learning (total newbie [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]), a flush draw wants people to play so when that 3rd club comes they stand to earn some extra bets.

Should I really raise(3 bet) a 2-suited flop with Top Pair and Top Kicker. Can you please explain for me the reason for that move?

07-20-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do not include player names of opponents -- that is just bad manners.

The last thing a flush draw is doing is blasting people out of the pot. The BB could have something like top pair, marginal kicker or second pair plus a marginal draw, bottom two pair, who knows. Against an unknown, I either 3-bet here or (if you do not want to re-raise) lead out the turn. Put these fools to the test.

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about the name thing. I did not know it was bad manners, I was just refering to this unknown person at "she" so that is why I put part of the name in my post.

07-20-2005 07:07 PM

The Turn...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Now on the turn should I still assume that I am ahead in this hand, since she just called my bet here?

MrWookie47 07-20-2005 07:14 PM

Let's assume that this is a live game and she shows me her cards. She has two unpaired clubs.

I'm still 3betting the flop.

benkath1 07-20-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Was I thinking correct when I guessed she was on a flush draw and her raise was just trying to thin out the table?
Or am I way off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Broaden.

If you put them on a draw, RAISE!!!