Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Agression Check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373731)

JDErickson 11-07-2005 06:30 PM

Agression Check

Absolute SH (5 handed).

Fairly agressive table. Villain is 28/21 TAG.

I am dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in EP and open raise. SB 3 bets, BB calls, I call.

Flop 7 5 9 all [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 SB)

SB bets, BB calls, I call.

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (12 SB)

SB bets, BB folds, I raise, SB 3 bets, I cap

River A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (11 BB)

Capped again

Comments? When do you fear monsters under the bed?

I think Mike arrived and I spewed.

D.H. 11-07-2005 06:40 PM

Re: Agression Check

I would probably call the 3-bet on the river.

JerseyTom 11-07-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Do we really think SB is 3-betting OOP with the 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or exactly J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

Drontier 11-07-2005 06:52 PM

No, but a sane opponent does not do this wiht the Ks

Drontier 11-07-2005 06:53 PM

raise the flop.

JDErickson 11-07-2005 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this was a multi table mistake. Didn't notice I had the A of suit. On a mono flop I normally wait until a safe turn to raise my top pair.

D.H. 11-07-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Do we really think SB is 3-betting OOP with the 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or exactly J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 66 is very likely. Considering the turn and river action and the fact that he is a TAG I can't see how we are ahead when he makes it 3 bets on the river. What would you put him on when he does that?

JerseyTom 11-07-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 66 is very likely. Considering the turn and river action and the fact that he is a TAG I can't see how we are ahead when he makes it 3 bets on the river. What would you put him on when he does that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess you're right. I suppose I don't get into too many hands like this with decent players. Invariably it seems, villain has KsQs and can't believe that his flopped monster is now worthless.

I guess I'm not 3-betting 66 out of the SB vs an EP raise either... but I suppose that's a different thread altogther.

Tom

xwillience 11-07-2005 08:14 PM

does a TAG really 3bet 66 or JT after an ep raise? id think K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is possible also a set? ive seen crazier things. also i think capping the river is maybe a bit much but i think your certainly goign to take this down more often then not

edit KxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] maybe too

Wynton 11-07-2005 08:16 PM

I would have capped the river too.