Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ridiculing the fish (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395507)

12-10-2005 06:02 PM

Re: ridiculing the fish

I have never understood why someone would want a fish to start playing better. Now that whole telling them about 2+2 thing aside (because I think its a stupid argument), why would you berate someone to play better?

ilikeaces 12-10-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never understood why someone would want a fish to start playing better. Now that whole telling them about 2+2 thing aside (because I think its a stupid argument), why would you berate someone to play better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because sometimes they make mistakes on the bubble that cause you to lose Equity.

12-10-2005 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever come across a post here that says something to the effect of: there are too many fish randomizing the $11s and messing my game up, I think I'd do better at the $33s where there are fewer donks?

People remember the times that a play they deem stupid costs them equity, but forget the stupid plays that help them out.

12-10-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because sometimes they make mistakes on the bubble that cause you to lose Equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think this happens more often than mistakes that cause you to gain equity?

splashpot 12-10-2005 06:15 PM

Come'on. Everyone knows the real reason people make fun of the bad players is because all the cool kids are doing it. Cool kids = always right.

12-10-2005 06:21 PM

In a recent SNG, someone made a min-raise from EP, another player pushed and EP folded. I commented: "min-raises aren't getting much respect". A few hands later there were two limpers then someone pushed and both limpers folded. I commented: "limpers aren't getting any respect either". Does this qualify as ridicule?

pergesu 12-10-2005 06:30 PM

Dude I could show you guys a bazillion hands where the player played stupid and I was super happy about it. Ask Bones...I've IMed him like 20 today already. Fortunately I'm running goot and have won 18 of em.

But yeah, don't criticize fish. It's bad business, and most of all it makes you an [censored].

pergesu 12-10-2005 06:33 PM

That's a$$hole without the $$. Get it? Cause you're an a$$hole but you're losing $$ when you teach them...

oh man. Why am I not a standup comic at geek clubs?

12-10-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

oh man. Why am I not a standup comic at geek clubs?

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't a geek club? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

caretaker1 12-10-2005 09:22 PM

Where's the all of the above option?