Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   More money to be made in MTT than SNG's? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407552)

12-30-2005 02:46 PM

Re: More money to be made in MTT than SNG\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
I have read the posts and I have concluded that,

MTT's have a mich higher varience than SNG's not to mention scheduling conflicts. Also they are very time consuming. I have decided to mix it up and stick with mostly SnG's and throw in the occasional MTT. You guys think this is a wise choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no pro, but this is what I do. I still play the ring games, more for a steady income. But I find I am gravitating more and more to the SNG's. I find them more fun. But I am starting to throw in MTT's on the weekends, and I am loving it. I really look forward to the Friday and Saturday nights (if not the lack of sleep - hopefully).

Whether its wise or not, who knows. But it seems to be working for me.

12-30-2005 03:22 PM

The 180man sng's are great, just stared playing them a month ago... after 19 of them I am itm in 8 with a 482% ROI

They are very weak with incredible amounts of bad players

12-30-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can only say that I have been playing both (not enough for statistics to matter much yet), and the play at the MTTs seems way, way softer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strongly agreed. I play about half turbo SNGs and half non-turbos and MTTs (180x$20 mostly) at PS. The quality of play is massively different in the non-turbos--as very few of you fine folks hang out there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I love the post-flop play of the MTTs and non-turbos and late MTT decisions.

Jack Fate 12-30-2005 03:49 PM

I'm a part time player and a high school teacher. I 4-table the 109 sngs when I have the free time. And I play full time on my vacations. The hourly rate is very good and steady for sngs, but I like MTTs because of the ability to make a big score. So, when I have the time I will play a MTT, but I will only play those that have a prize pool of $150k + otherwise I don't feel it's worth my time.

As far as improving poker skills, I think the two games compliment each other well. Certainly, a good SNG player is at an advantage late in the tournament when most players have less than 20 BBs. You're going to feel right at home in this situation, and a lot of your opponents will not have a good understanding of all-in strategy.

Vetstadium 12-30-2005 04:12 PM

I 8 table the SNG's and mix a MTT in at from another site treat it same as SNG until first break. When I start getting towards the money I will not start any more SNG's and concentrate on the MTT. Seems to work pretty well most of my buyins are $50 and below at the MTT say no more than 400 players. Don't really keep good records (on MTT play but in last year won 3 and prob 10 or so final tables). These are not big scores say 2-3K each.