Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ever dropped cash so quickly online... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192922)

JackWilson 02-09-2005 04:21 PM

Ever dropped cash so quickly online...

...that your hands started shaking and you needed a shot of liquor to calm you down?

Sigh. That was my unexpected pleasure recently. Dropped about $250 in less than 45 mins at 2/4. My stats were:

Flops seen: 33%
Games won: 3%
Showdowns won: 14%

It was incredible as far as cards went. It was incredibly bad as far as flops went and making second best hands. I recovered it but I literally felt like I was going to be sick. Is this irrational? I don't think it was the magnitude of the loss as much as the speed of it.

Grisgra 02-09-2005 05:33 PM

Re: Ever dropped cash so quickly online...

[ QUOTE ]
...that your hands started shaking and you needed a shot of liquor to calm you down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get drunk BEFORE you start playing and you won't have this problem . . .

grant 02-09-2005 05:39 PM

usually about three times a week. (OK twice) I had those identical stats at 3/6 and dropped mucho dinero.

steamboatin 02-09-2005 07:20 PM

You weren't the guy on Crypto last night complaing about only winning on hand out of 550, were you?

No, He was playing $1-2

bigmac366 02-09-2005 07:23 PM

i dont usually get upset until i lose much more than 62.5bb's. but i've never lost it that fast either.

Grisgra 02-09-2005 08:16 PM

I've lost 60BB in a lot less than 45 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

jfresh 02-10-2005 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flops seen: 33%

[/ QUOTE ]
shouldn't this number be much lower? that could be the problem...

jskills 02-10-2005 03:36 AM

felt like it was happening to me just a little while ago. LAGs reraising my AJs with 76o preflop and hitting the straight. Constant losses with TPTK to 2 pair rags. I was just about to quit, and just tried to stay calm and focused, keeping in mind the kind of person that must be on the other end of these hands and slowly but surely, ended up a few BB ahead on that table and well up on another.

Stay with your game if you know it's good. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

PoBoy321 02-10-2005 03:51 AM

it happens. i mean, online or not, money is money and losing it hurts.

at least having your hands shake isn't as bad as losing a huge pot to perfect runners, punching a wall and breaking your hand like yours truly.

AncientPC 02-10-2005 04:43 AM

I've dropped a grand in a day two or three times. I usually play NL 50 - 200.

I stop playing, watch some TV. Take some time off (a day - a week, depending on how I feel). Get back into it later.

Oh yeah, yesterday was another -$1k day but I'm +$700 today so it's all good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]