Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Mid pair, inside straight draw - out of position (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401715)

kiemo 12-19-2005 11:43 PM

Mid pair, inside straight draw - out of position

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Table was pretty loose. MP2 is a gambler, 60/20ish and likes to reraise after the flop, sometimes with nothing. CO is a passive fish who will call down alot. BB is a tighty.

Flop: I debated on whether to bet this out but decided against as I am not forcing a Queen out of this hand ever with these players. Once it comes back to me I wanted to check raise to knock out remaining two, but I figured BB is folding if he didnt lead out and MP2 is probably folding since I have seen him reraise alot but never check raise.

However the pots small and its a two suited board. I put my outs at 5, maybe 6 so maybe this is a better fold

River: Filled the flush, I didnt improve, small pot. Clear fold?

12-20-2005 01:04 AM

Re: Mid pair, inside straight draw - out of position

Against a passive fish who keeps betting your probably behind so I would fold the turn UI in this small pot.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-20-2005 01:07 AM

When CO bets the flop, I'd checkraise. I think it's a great spot for it. If you get 3-bet (unlikely), call and reevaluate on the turn. If you only get one caller, I fire one more out on the turn (with two or more callers, once again reevaluate.)

Redd 12-20-2005 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When CO bets the flop, I'd checkraise. I think it's a great spot for it. If you get 3-bet (unlikely), call and reevaluate on the turn. If you only get one caller, I fire one more out on the turn (with two or more callers, once again reevaluate.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say when a passive Villain bets into 4 people, it's too likely that we're already behind to bother with a check-raise in this small pot. We don't really need to clean up outs because a better jack is usually pfring, and if another T will call getting 4:1 he'll probably call getting 2:1.
I'd just peel the flop (barely) with our implied odds on ~6 outs and fold the turn UI.

Jaran 12-20-2005 01:45 AM

Flop is a bit thin. Fold the turn.

-Jaran