Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Black Aces on the Button- What is the flop play? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401444)

12-19-2005 08:38 PM

Re: Black Aces on the Button- What is the flop play?

I'd three bet the flop, send the message I am not one to be reckoned with.

jason_t 12-19-2005 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd three bet the flop, send the message I am not one to be reckoned with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea! Be sure to 3-bet with 8Ts from a tight UTG raiser too!

WDC 12-19-2005 09:14 PM

Re: Black Aces on the Button- What is the flop play?--Results

I folded them. In my view, the only way I can keep going if I am sure that UTG is betting the flush draw and UTG is betting top pair only. Otherwise I do not think that I end up ahead enough to justify the call.

In my mind I am ahead very little and drawing to no more than 5 outs. I think it is an easy fold.

CardSharpCook 12-19-2005 09:37 PM

Re: Black Aces on the Button- What is the flop play?--Results

donk

banditbdl 12-20-2005 01:32 AM

There are just SOOO many hands that UTG+1 can have that you're badly behind here. Also, if UTG+1 was the type of player to make a raise on this flop to try and shut you out as a preflop 3-bettor I think he'd have been making some other plays that would make you take notice sitting in the 8-16 game at CP. I fold.

banditbdl 12-20-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Surprised by all the fold responses. Not time to give up on aces yet. Victor's line is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a player advocating a fold, we need to remember this is a live hand against a couple of Minnesota Nice players, not two online aggros. The worst hand I can realistically put UTG+1 on is a K with a diamond, besides that he could have a flush, a straight, any two pair or a set. Not to mention we could still easily be trailing UTG...

WDC 12-20-2005 10:20 AM

but I am one to be reckoned with

Analyst 12-20-2005 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are just SOOO many hands that UTG+1 can have that you're badly behind here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as . . . ? I'm honestly not coming up with many likely candidates given the preflop action. Keep in mind that he doesn't respect UTG but only cold-called rather than 3-bet to isolate, so I would tend to discount AQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], AJ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and TT; clearly KK would have 3-bet. So what's left that has you beat? QJo would have mucked, so all I can come up with is QJs (possible) and 99.

banditbdl 12-20-2005 12:49 PM

I think UTG+1 calls with any suited hand that makes 2 pair, QJs for sure, TT, 99, AJs [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], possibly some other suited aces. He'd raise KK and probably AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and AQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but I don't think coldcalling is out of question here given the description and setting. Just because he doesn't respect UTG doesn't necessarily mean he's smart enough and aggressive enough to isolate w/o a monster. I also can't discount QJo and KTo as being out of the realm of possibility. Tight is a relative term in this game.