Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Flop decision #1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401011)

Roy6 12-18-2005 10:10 PM

Flop decision #1

Donkbettor is a good TAG, the other player is a big fish who likes to chase.
Who raises now and who waits?

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>

jt1 12-18-2005 10:15 PM

Re: Flop decision #1

1)You have no idea what the TAG will do on the next street so just get his money in on this one.

2) Calling gives the fish odds to draw to a possible 5 outer.

3) The fish is a bluff blocker so the TAG likely has somthing. Like I said before, he may not bet a draw or underpair on the turn. he'd probably bet an underpair but you don't know that he has that.

thesharpie 12-18-2005 10:18 PM

I raise now because the TAG is thinking you'll raise the flop with something worse than he has, if you wait til the turn he might be able to find a fold. The fish is probably coldcalling with any pair anyway, right? And you wouldn't want him calling a single bet on the flop with a pair since he's making a profitable call, the only reason to call on the flop is to hope the fish calls with junk, but often he'll have undercards and it should be hard for him to peel those, however it's easy for him to peel with a pair.

imported_leader 12-18-2005 10:19 PM

Maybe if it was HU, I would mix in waiting, but with the fish in, raise and hope to get 1.5 BB in right now.

Roy6 12-18-2005 10:20 PM

He called my UTG raise out of the BB so I assume he doesn't have a 4. Reasonable hands would be: A6, pocket pair
With Qs he goes for the C/R I think.

I think if turn =/ K or A, he'll often fire again and fold to a raise with worse hands.

jt1 12-18-2005 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He called my UTG raise out of the BB so I assume he doesn't have a 4. Reasonable hands would be: A6, pocket pair
With Qs he goes for the C/R I think.

I think if turn =/ K or A, he'll often fire again and fold to a raise with worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much what I said except for I accounted for the chance that he may be on a draw: I think a couple gutshots are likely. Also, you should try to reduce the fish's equity.

kidcolin 12-18-2005 10:26 PM

Very easy raise. Your description of the players says it all.

SB is a fish who likes to chase. You call, and he correctly calls 4x or 6x hand. You raise, and he might call anyway. You gain a ton when that happens.

TAG might slow down on the turn. The donk could be a feeler bet with A6 or 55-88. Raise it now and guarantee the money goes in. He might even overplay a hand like KQ or QJ.

milesdyson 12-18-2005 10:26 PM

raise and make him hate the fact that he donkbet. then get him to call down with 77 or A6. if you wait and raise the turn i imagine he finds a fold with those. if you raise now he probably won't.

ejay 12-18-2005 11:04 PM

I raise this 100% of the time. He will call down with worse hands and the fish might pay you off also.

Peter Harris 12-19-2005 04:18 AM

raise it up.

i agree with leader that HU you can smoothcall sometimes.