Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   too late with adam carolla (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347398)

Jeebus 09-30-2005 02:03 AM

too late with adam carolla

So the Adam Carolla show isn't too bad. its basically love line or the man show with no cohost. But now they do the show with no studio audience. So adam tells a joke and pauses for the laugh but there is silence. every now and then a worker chuckles and that is it. It makes him look alittle crazy.
so the question is how important is an audience (or gay ass laugh track) to a comedy show

TheMainEvent 09-30-2005 02:05 AM

Re: too late with adam carolla

Another misleading poll

imported_CaseClosed326 09-30-2005 02:16 AM

It is more akword to watch without the audience.

ripdog 09-30-2005 02:35 AM

I loved The Man Show, his new show sucks donkey balls.

newfant 09-30-2005 02:47 AM

What time is this show on? Does he have the Girls on Trampolines? That was the best TV ever.

I used to watch the Man Show all the time when it was Adam and that one dude, but stopped after those two fags took over.

PITTM 09-30-2005 02:04 PM

this show sucks. UNLESS anyone saw the steve-o episode. my friend brought it over on his ipod. apparently steveo had like 15 shots before he went on and spent much of the segment yelling obscenities at the crowd and spitting. he then tipped adam carrolas chair over, broke the table and said, how do you like me now? until they went to commercial and called security. one of the funnier segments ive seen in awhile.

rj

The Goober 09-30-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so the question is how important is an audience (or gay ass laugh track) to a comedy show

[/ QUOTE ]

I've often thought that one of the main reasons that cartoon sitcoms are so popular (simpsons, family guy, king of the hill) is that they never felt the need for a laugh track. It means more content per minute and the jokes can be quite subtle without every one having to be highlighted with laughter.

theben 09-30-2005 03:50 PM

2 thumbs down

09-30-2005 03:52 PM

show sucks

09-30-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this show sucks. UNLESS anyone saw the steve-o episode. my friend brought it over on his ipod. apparently steveo had like 15 shots before he went on and spent much of the segment yelling obscenities at the crowd and spitting. he then tipped adam carrolas chair over, broke the table and said, how do you like me now? until they went to commercial and called security. one of the funnier segments ive seen in awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

steve o episode

I think that this episode makes a good case for an audience/laugh track. As it stands now, it is a little sad. With a room full of people laughing at him, it might make come across as a little more humorous.