Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Big draw on the flop... how best to pump it? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399094)

SomethingClever 12-15-2005 04:44 PM

Big draw on the flop... how best to pump it?

Hero is in the CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG limps, MP (poster) checks, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, UTG raises, MP calls, Hero...

Is 3betting in hopes of a free turn the best? Or should I call and pop the turn if I make my hand.

toss 12-15-2005 04:48 PM

Re: Big draw on the flop... how best to pump it?

Good things can happen when you 3-bet this flop. Chance to take a free turn card. Winning by pairing up on the turn or river. Folding A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if two momre hearts come.

jba 12-15-2005 04:51 PM

i would definitely 3bet this.

12-15-2005 04:51 PM

I'd also 3-bet now. In addition to what toss said, if a heart comes on the turn, your hand is also exposed giving everyone else the right information on which to act. Of course if you call and hit a non-heart gutshot, then calling would have been better. But there are more hearts than non-heart 6s...

12-15-2005 04:53 PM

I suppose it depends on the guys, but I like the idea of 3 betting here. Very few of these guys fold in the middle of a street, so I think you'll get 2 more from BB. I wouldn't count on the free card, but if a heart doesn't come on the turn, you should be able to get to the river for a single bet.

jba 12-15-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also 3-bet now. In addition to what toss said, if a heart comes on the turn, your hand is also exposed giving everyone else the right information on which to act. Of course if you call and hit a non-heart gutshot, then calling would have been better. But there are more hearts than non-heart 6s...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling two cold here exposes our flush draw much, much more than a 3bet does.

edit: i'm an idiot that's what you're saying

I agree with you good sir.

SomethingClever 12-15-2005 05:07 PM

Ok. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3-betting, just wanted to make sure it was warranted and didn't kill my action.

Hero is in the CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG limps, MP (poster) checks, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, UTG raises, MP calls, Hero 3bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG caps, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

UTG types "bs" and checks [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img], MP checks, I bet, they both call me down.

Peter Harris 12-15-2005 05:11 PM

u pwn the free world [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

12-15-2005 05:12 PM

sweet

ArturiusX 12-15-2005 08:16 PM

Clearly should check the turn and slowplay it up!