Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   15/30 a turn 1pair 3bet - KQo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403922)

Surfbullet 12-23-2005 04:51 AM

15/30 a turn 1pair 3bet - KQo

Villain is a lagy TAG.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Surf is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Surf raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Surf bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Surf bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Surf 3-bets intending to bet most rivers if called...</font>

It's come to my attention that i don't 3bet split pair hands on the turn often. I feel that i'm missing out on a good amount of value/ metagame etc especially at these more aggressive games where everyone thinks everyone is FOS. Thoughts?

Surf

12-23-2005 05:01 AM

Re: 15/30 a turn 1pair 3bet - KQo

You are likely ahead a lot of the time. Villain might not even have a q. He might just be raising then T from the flop.

StellarWind 12-23-2005 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
What's a "split pair" hand?

Anyway I 3-bet the turn intending to bet the river. I'll call down if he caps or pulls the stop-n-go.

wheelz 12-23-2005 05:52 AM

i started 3-betting just about always as well.

Jdanz 12-23-2005 06:59 AM

what do you do to a river raise?

Poldi 12-23-2005 07:16 AM

me like

Victor 12-23-2005 07:20 AM

kiss

flawless_victory 12-23-2005 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
What's a "split pair" hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
i assume he means a one pair hand where his ppair is made w/ one card down and one card up (or one hole card, one board card)... ive never heard this term used in holdem, but i like it...
BTW/ hand looks standard/fine... in the party 20, you are way ahead.

surf, what riv cards are u checking? i would bet any river every time...

12-23-2005 11:20 AM

Yes, 3-bet and bet the river if he calls and checks.

[ QUOTE ]
(by Stellar)What's a "split pair" hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a few Stud poker terms that have been adopted by Hold'em players recently. I'm old school (30 years old), so some of these terms were confusing to me when I first heard them used in Hold'em.

Split Pair - In 7 Stud, you are dealt 2 hole cards and one board card to start. If your hole cards aren't a pocket pair, but the board card matches one of them, you have a split pair.

Wired Pair - Same exact thing as above only completely different. It's a pocket pair when the board card doesn't match. If the board card matches (making trips), it's called being rolled up.

Complete - This one threw me for a loop in Hold'em. In 7 Stud, there is a forced bring-in (usually the lowest board card). In 10/20, the bring-in is $3 or $10. If the opener brings it in for $3, the players left to act have an option of folding, calling, or completing to $10. In Stud, complete means to raise. In Hold'em, complete (from the SB) means to call.

Made Hand - Another old school classic. Made hand always meant a 5-card "pat" hand (i.e. straight or better). I've heard it used a lot in Hold'em to describe one pair and two pair hands. Makes no sense to me.

Street - This is one I need help with. In Stud, the street after the deal is called "3rd Street". Then you have 4th, 5th, 6th, and the river is called "7th Street". Does anyone know what the street names are in Hold'em? Please don't say flop, turn and river. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Surf, I like your referrence to KQ with a Q on board as a "split pair". Hopefully, this will catch on. It would really simplify hand descriptions.

Guruman 12-23-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Street - This is one I need help with. In Stud, the street after the deal is called "3rd Street". Then you have 4th, 5th, 6th, and the river is called "7th Street". Does anyone know what the street names are in Hold'em? Please don't say flop, turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

flop = the flop (I never hear "third street")
turn = fourth street
river = fifth street