Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Simple (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373521)

sfer 11-07-2005 01:23 PM

Simple

Borgata game, 10 handed. ABCish too loose player openlimps in the hijack, two donkeys call, SB donkey completes, I check K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. 5 players, 5 SBs.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, HJ raises, folds to me and I call.

HU for 4.5 BBs. Turn is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, HJ checks.

River is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check intending to raise.

brettbrettr 11-07-2005 01:29 PM

Re: Simple

I made a similar raise on Saturday I knew I wasn't going to get called but I was sort of pissed that I gave him a card so I check-raised the river to say [censored] you.

I guess in this hand you gain a bit when he folds a better king he was just trying to show down. Obv he's folding most of the time.

Nh.

deetle 11-07-2005 01:35 PM

Im not sure your river action matters, looks like he missed his flush and being ABC I dont think he is bluffing at this

krimson 11-07-2005 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure your river action matters, looks like he missed his flush and being ABC I dont think he is bluffing at this

[/ QUOTE ]
But he's certainly not calling a river bet with his missed draw, so inducing a bluff is our best way of extracting that bet. ABC players will bet missed draws when checked to, in his eyes it's the only chance he has of winning the pot.

deetle 11-07-2005 01:51 PM

I agree he is not calling a bet. I missed the to loose read and assumed he was just weak. The attempted check raise is the only way to get any more $ in here

Soh 11-07-2005 02:07 PM

"...when he folds a better king..." <font color="blue"> </font>

I don't think he'll fold a better King here.

Soh

Soh 11-07-2005 02:09 PM

If you're going to check-raise on the river, why don't you do that on the turn?

hicherbie 11-07-2005 02:30 PM

this guy wont check a turn with a king.

molawn2mo 11-07-2005 02:32 PM

Couple of different perspectives...

HJ's play is very often a free card play with a flush draw or 2nd pair.

Sure he could have hit a set of 4s. Sure he could have K better kicker. More likely, though, is a free card type hand. As such, I lead the turn (it takes a special type of player to pop you on the turn again).

As played, though, after villain checks behind on the turn (confirming the fc play), the choice to lead the river or c/c or c/r is image dependent (c/c looks right unless villain perceives you as a lagass/bluffer; this because you are never getting a better K to fold).

If your image is such that you've been firing at various pots when weakness is shown then you, again, can fire away. More likely, though, villain will read your turn and river checks as weak and may think his T9s is best or he might fire 1 bet as a desperation bluff.

Piiop 11-07-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to check-raise on the river, why don't you do that on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz on the turn, he doesn't know if he has the best hand or not. When the dude checks the turn and no draws come in, he knows he does.