Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ***OFFICIAL the Vikings win the NFC North thread*** (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396299)

Schneids 12-11-2005 06:18 PM

***OFFICIAL the Vikings win the NFC North thread***

About time to get this one rolling, it's in the bags if we don't choke vs Pittsburgh next weekend.

It's a foregone conclusion Chicago will lose at least one of vs Atlanta and @ Greenbay.

Nice bet by Dougie if he actually made it with Clark.

NLSoldier 12-11-2005 06:19 PM

Re: ***OFFICIAL the Vikings win the NFC North thread***

thx for jinxing it focker.

Schneids 12-11-2005 06:21 PM

I suppose you should keep looking for your lucky pair of underwear or whatever then if you believe in jinxes, since what you're doing right now isn't working for poker [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

My post is no different than a sports writer making a prediction or giving their "near certainty lock picks" or whatever.

Drop the hatin', start the celebratin'.

Chris Daddy Cool 12-11-2005 06:22 PM

your choke vs pittsburgh is actually a tough game and chicago is going to have to lose to atlanta cuz theres no way they're losing to green bay (though as a niners fan i hope green bay wins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

NLSoldier 12-11-2005 06:24 PM

Chicago loses the rest of their games. you heard it here first.

Clarkmeister 12-11-2005 06:25 PM

Bet?

bugstud 12-11-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chicago loses the rest of their games. you heard it here first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm way down on betting this. I am also willing to wager on the vikes, if only just for drinks here in lv

Pudge714 12-11-2005 06:56 PM

Why not create the more realistic. Vikings win the Wild Card Thread.

NLSoldier 12-11-2005 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. im cofortable with our current bet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

NLSoldier 12-11-2005 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not create the more realistic. Vikings win the Wild Card Thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the division is more realistic.

Clarkmeister 12-11-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna double that one?

NLSoldier 12-11-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna double that one?

[/ QUOTE ]

do we know who the tiebreaker goes to if the vikes beat the bears the final week of the season and they end up with identical records?

bugstud 12-11-2005 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna double that one?

[/ QUOTE ]

do we know who the tiebreaker goes to if the vikes beat the bears the final week of the season and they end up with identical records?

[/ QUOTE ]

conference records. daaaaaaaaa bears

Clarkmeister 12-11-2005 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna double that one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MEbenhoe 12-11-2005 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna double that one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the Bears lose out and the Vikings go 1-2 over the last 3, thus leaving them both with NFC records of 8-4?

Clarkmeister 12-11-2005 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if the Bears lose out

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying "what if Duke doesn't get make the NCAA Tournament this year?"

MEbenhoe 12-11-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying "what if Duke doesn't get make the NCAA Tournament this year?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say its that far out of the realm of possibilities. I'd put it at about 15:1 of happening.

Clarkmeister 12-11-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say its that far out of the realm of possibilities. I'd put it at about 15:1 of happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, in theory. In reality though, we are talking about DAAAAAAAAA Bears.

imported_CaseClosed326 12-11-2005 08:36 PM

I gotta say. I like your attitude.

NLSoldier 12-11-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna double that one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then no. im fine with our current bet.

Schneids 12-11-2005 09:20 PM

Dave it should have been obvious we don't have the tiebreaker edge by the fact I said if we won out the Bears also needed to lose to at least one of SF or GB. I'm disappointed you don't just trust me.

You should really double your bet now with him. Get him while you can, since after the Bears lose and Vikes win next week he won't let you double. And before anyone suggests I take on half the action, I don't bet on sports because Barry G says not to + betting on/against home town teams is never a good idea (betting on them sucks because it might be the inner fanboy not letting you see reality, betting against sucks because now you can't truthfully root for them).

trevorwc 12-12-2005 01:06 AM

Actually, the division record is the #2 tiebreaker (after head-to-head), but if the assumption is that each team wins out and then the Vikes beat the Bears, it would go to #3, which is conference record.

So if the Bears lose to the Packers, the Vikes can lose to either the Steelers or Ravens, and then beat the Bears to win the division. They'll both be 10-6, but the Vikes will be 5-1 in the division and the Bears will be 4-2 and the Vikes win it.

12-12-2005 02:16 AM

#4 after the conference record is strength of victory, thats for divions though.

In the wild card #4 is common games which is the record that both teams have against teams theyve both played, which has to be a minimum of 4. If that was tied it goes to #5 strength of victory.

12-12-2005 02:18 AM

Btw I think the Vikings lose their next 2 games, don't overlook the Ravens heh theyve played tough in random games.

NLSoldier 12-12-2005 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
betting on/against home town teams is never a good idea (betting on them sucks because it might be the inner fanboy not letting you see reality

[/ QUOTE ]

I only did it after dougie did, and i think we can both be pretty sure that it was not his inner fanboy causing him to bet on the vikes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LoaferGee12 12-12-2005 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
***OFFICIAL the Vikings win the NFC North thread***

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh

bottomset 12-12-2005 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So WHEN the Bears lose to the Packers, the Vikes can lose to either the Steelers or Ravens, and then beat the Bears to win the division

[/ QUOTE ]

12-12-2005 05:41 AM

I actually was a little off, but same idea.

NFL tiebreakers

benfranklin 12-12-2005 01:42 PM

As one TV announcer said last year, the Vikings have a team culture of self destruction. The collective team ego is vastly overinflated right now, after beating a Rams team that couldn't make a decent showing in a BCS Bowl game. The Vikes have only beaten one half-way decent team this year, the Giants. The rest of the teams that they have beaten have a current combined record of 19-45. I look for them to get crushed by the Steelers, precipitating the trademark late season Minnesota collapse.

An interesting comment by one of the Fox analysts yesterday. Culpepper is doing his rehab in Florida, not in Minnesota. He is supposed to be the team leader, and doesn't care enough to stick around for a possible play-off run? This isn't a team, it's just a bunch of guys that play for pay.

12-12-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As one TV announcer said last year, the Vikings have a team culture of self destruction. The collective team ego is vastly overinflated right now, after beating a Rams team that couldn't make a decent showing in a BCS Bowl game. The Vikes have only beaten one half-way decent team this year, the Giants. The rest of the teams that they have beaten have a current combined record of 19-45. I look for them to get crushed by the Steelers, precipitating the trademark late season Minnesota collapse.

An interesting comment by one of the Fox analysts yesterday. Culpepper is doing his rehab in Florida, not in Minnesota. He is supposed to be the team leader, and doesn't care enough to stick around for a possible play-off run? This isn't a team, it's just a bunch of guys that play for pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Minnesota has piled up some wins against easy teams but look at there losses. They have lost to TB,CAR,ATL,CHI,CIN all of which are good teams. So while they have not beat any powerhouses they are winning the games you are supposed to and they haven't lost to a team that isn't at least 2 games above .500 not many team in the league can say that.

As for Culpepper, he is going through a very intense physical training right now. The team is probably more concerned with him rehabbing and staying off his knee rather then flying in and out of Minnesota everyweek.

Also lets not forget that the Vikings were looked at as "easy game" just 6 weeks ago and have been underdogs in 3 of the 6 games in the winning streak so far and have been 6-0 ATS spread as well as straight up over the last 6 weeks not much more you can ask for then that.

Jack of Arcades 12-12-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have lost to TB,CAR,ATL,CHI,CIN all of which are good teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, like, one or two of those is a top ten team, but I wouldn't call them all good.

SL__72 12-12-2005 05:10 PM

Why does no one know the division tiebreaker rules? For a division, the tiebreakers are:
1. Head-to-Head
2. Division Record
3. Record vs. common opponents.
4. Conference Record
5. Strength of Wins
6. Strength of Schedule
Records vs. common opponents for the Vikings and Bears are:

Vikings (6-4)
Bears (7-3)

The Vikings still play the Steelers and Ravens at home.
The Bears still play in GB and at home vs. the Falcons.

Go_Blue88 12-12-2005 06:09 PM

What do you mean choke against the Steelers? The Steelers are a better team than the Vikings. The Bears will win the NFC North and the Vikings prolly won't even make the playoffs.

12-12-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean choke against the Steelers? The Steelers are a better team than the Vikings. The Bears will win the NFC North and the Vikings prolly won't even make the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Vikings can still win the division even if they lose to the Steelers...if the Bears lost to ATL, and @ GB and the Vikings win @BAL the game in Week 17 would still be for the division title. I don't think this is really going to happen I just don't think a lot of you are realizing that its not that far out of reach. Is it really that unbelievable that the Bears could lose to a desperate Falcons team and a division rival on the road? Lets not forget 6 short weeks ago the Bears were 4-3 and MIN was 2-5 and everyone proclaimed that the game bwteen CHI and DET was the NFC North Championship game.

Yes I am a Vikings fan. Do I think they will win the division? If they can beat PIT it will come down to the last week of the season so yes I think MIN can beat CHI @ home. If they lose to PIT, no.

Pudge714 12-12-2005 09:20 PM

Heres another interesting scenario.
Vikings lose to Steelers and beat Ravens
Bears beat GB and ATL
Bears have a two game division lead and rest all thier starters Vikings beat Bears finish 10-6 and win the wild card.

Clarkmeister 12-12-2005 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and everyone proclaimed that the game bwteen CHI and DET was the NFC North Championship game.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it was. The winner of that game is going on to win the NFC North. Belated runs are just that - belated.

DangerGoodson 12-13-2005 12:56 AM

I continue my thoughts from here , cept culpepper of course.

I think the Bears will lose to atlanta if anyone, as Vick will score 14 points by himself and unless the bears score defensive td's they wont be able to match 14 points.

However, in some ways I hope they do score defensive td's as I'm in an interesting situation as I need the bears d for fantasy, but I need the bears to lose for my fanboy vikings hopes. How about three picks and a defensive touchdown for a 14-7 loss to Atlanta....

Clarkmeister 12-19-2005 12:05 AM

Can someone start the ***OFFICIAL Vikes cocktease their fans and still miss the playoffs*** thread now?

DangerGoodson 12-19-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone start the ***OFFICIAL Vikes cocktease their fans and still miss the playoffs*** thread now?

[/ QUOTE ]

They still have a good shot at the playoffs.

NLSoldier 12-19-2005 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They still have a good shot at the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

After watching that performance by the bears I dont think so. I think the bears are going to be in the super bowl.